• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

candy cane x amelano

tommyduska

Hi, I would like to ask you for an advice.I have 1.0 candy cane and 0.1 amelano corns.My question is,what colour morph should I get if I breed them together?Is it possible to get a candy cane morph in first clutch?Or will all babies be amelano-het. for candy cane?Thanks for your response.Tommy

Candy cane is a selectively bred variety of amelanism. Breeding them together will produce 100% amels. They cannot be het for candy cane. The chances of the pair producing any candy cane offspring is limited, and you will have to selectively choose the best offspring over generations to reproduce the look of the candy cane.

Candy cane is an amel that has been specifically bred for a certain look, white background with orange or red saddles. You would get all amels from this breeding. If your amel has a very orange background then its likely you would not get very good candy canes, if at all.

Back