• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Caramel with chewy center?

Kat

I'm talkin' to YOU.
I have a bin that my chronic nonfeeders go into all together... every week I dump in a couple pinkies to see if some eat. This guy found something he liked better than pinkies. :grin01:

-Kat

Attachments

• nonfeeder.jpg
    nonfeeder.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 318
Yep, I had the same thing happen in my non feeder bin this year. Of course it was the better looking one that got eaten. :awcrap:

Well, at least it got him eating...you might have to sacrifice a few more before he moves onto f/t though... :grin01:

Talk about sibling rivalry... I can just hear the two snakes fighting over a single pinky - each of them saying 'It's Mine! Let Go!' 'No, you let go!' until finally the winner devours the foolish brother/sister that didn't want to let go...

Hope he'll eat pinks for you after this!

Jenn

As someone said...at least he ate something!!!

I think he is super nice!! But then, I really love caramels and ambers so I am biased! lol

Good luck with him! Hope he eats slightly more "normal" food next time!

Did he eat a caramel sibling, or some other morph? I would hate for that to happen. I guess if I ever get babies I won't feed them that way. Wow is he fat. suishy center describes him pretty well. :grin01:

Bobo's Mama said:
Well, technically I guess he's not a non-feeder now...:grin01:
Yeah - but unfortunately these guys rarely survive. That's a HUGE meal for him to try to digest.

Every time I have seen that in the past, the snake ends up kicking the bucket. I hope everything goes alright !!! Sean

EEP! That's crazy. My question is rather silly, but does the snake that was eaten still wriggle around in there? Or did he get constricted to death?

I suspect the swallowed snake was suffocated. Most snake-eat-snake encounters do not involve much in the way of constriction.

-Kat

I don't see why the first post shows a grin... I would hate to see this and never feed any size of snakes together.

Blutengel said:
I don't see why the first post shows a grin... I would hate to see this and never feed any size of snakes together.
The babies were non-feeders. Some people do not feel they should spend a lot of time and effort on them (which is OK...it's that way in nature). The laughing smiley was because the non-feeder found something more tasty than a pinky.

I understand why the laughing smiley was in it, but I would feel sad even if it were non-feeders. Maybe the eaten one would have eaten that day.... it just horrifies me to see this though I understand not taking loads of effort on any non-feeder when you breed a lot.

Back