• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CAUTION!!READ THIS TO HERE MY WARNING!!!

koa94

Okay, so today was like the scariest day of my life.:bomb: So after my snake has been digesting for a few days i wanted to handle it. So as i was looking for it in the tank and i saw it dangaling on a toilet paper roll. Well it acctually wasn't dangaling but it lookied like it. Also it was hanging from a piece of tape. So i screamed in horror and my mom came in and we did emergancy tape removign form my little fellas haed and tail!!:cry: It took a good thirty seconds for it to snap back into realitly. At first i thought we were to late but when it started thrashing around and it started movign its tounge i finaly found my breath:eatpointe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is doing okay now, it just stressed out and probably in pain becase i had to pull the tape of of him removing just aroung 50-100 scales! I fell sooooo bad:sobstory::cry:

Do you have any adivice for me besides just letting it cool off for the night?

WORD OF ADVICE: NEVER EVER USE TAPE IN A LITTLE CORN SNAKE'S HOME!!!!!!!!
I put som epic of my little strong baby on here so you can see why i love this snake sooo much! It has an awsome personality too!:D

Attachments

• snake 012.JPG
    snake 012.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 209
  • snake 013.JPG
    snake 013.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 210
  • snake 008.JPG
    snake 008.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 209
  • snake 011.JPG
    snake 011.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 211
glad your snake is ok...
and..yup, I would not use tape "inside" my snakes home!!..lol
That must have been scarey..
found one of my babies stuck in the top of his plastic shoe box..
ahem..I guess he wanted out, and got stuck..little bugger...he is fine tho.

i missed a piece of packing tape when i was getting my first shipped snakes out of the box...when i was getting them out of the bag, one made a break for it and got stuck...i freaked out, got bit and threw her in a bowl and drowned her in veggie oil...lol

we both made it out fine....

Do you have any adivice for me besides just letting it cool off for the night?

What do you mean, "cool off for the night?" You should leave the snake at normal temps. I would also recommend you leave the snake alone for a few more days as it must have been a very stressing ordeal for it to go through.

I'm glad everything turned out ok, next time, I would recommend that you come here before doing any emergency medical procedures, someone here would have been able to reply right away to tell you about the vegetable oil instead of putting your baby through ripping her skin off.

I'm glad your snakie is ok, though! He/she really is a pretty baby!

Excellent advice, Robbie. I had a juvie escapee get stuck to duct tape that was holding flexwatt to the underside of a Neodesha cage. I used veg oil, but liked to never get it off. It's always worked in the past, but between the stickiness of the tape and the heat it just made a a gooey trap. I never use anything but foil tape anymore for holding down heat tape. Escapees have such a knack for finding it!

Excellent advice, Robbie. I had a juvie escapee get stuck to duct tape that was holding flexwatt to the underside of a Neodesha cage. I used veg oil, but liked to never get it off. It's always worked in the past, but between the stickiness of the tape and the heat it just made a a gooey trap. I never use anything but foil tape anymore for holding down heat tape. Escapees have such a knack for finding it!

Just a little word of wisdom: NEVER use duct tape near a snake cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to make it sound so harsh, but duct tape will rip of scales and skin quicker than anything else. If anything, use masking tape. It's not as strong, but if your snake happens to come across it, removal won't be nearly as painful (and yes, I have had duct tape ripped off my bare skin before, as well as masking tape. I know personally which is more painful).

"What do you mean, "cool off for the night?" You should leave the snake at normal temps. I would also recommend you leave the snake alone for a few more days as it must have been a very stressing ordeal for it to go through."

I didn't mean it in acctulay cooling him off. I just meant like let him chill out becase he was stressed and stuff. :)

"I'm glad everything turned out ok, next time, I would recommend that you come here before doing any emergency medical procedures, someone here would have been able to reply right away to tell you about the vegetable oil instead of putting your baby through ripping her skin off."

also, i was in manic mode. I wanted to get him out of there fast! i thought i was going to loose him right there-he wasn't moving

Im glad that other people have gone through the same thing. I mean im sorryt hat your snakes had to go through it but at least people know how my situation was.

I just went and checked on him and he is doing fine. You can tell where that stupid tape got him (it has around his head neck back area):(

"What do you mean, "cool off for the night?" You should leave the snake at normal temps. I would also recommend you leave the snake alone for a few more days as it must have been a very stressing ordeal for it to go through."

I didn't mean it in acctulay cooling him off. I just meant like let him chill out becase he was stressed and stuff. :)

"I'm glad everything turned out ok, next time, I would recommend that you come here before doing any emergency medical procedures, someone here would have been able to reply right away to tell you about the vegetable oil instead of putting your baby through ripping her skin off."

also, i was in manic mode. I wanted to get him out of there fast! i thought i was going to loose him right there-he wasn't moving

Im glad that other people have gone through the same thing. I mean im sorryt hat your snakes had to go through it but at least people know how my situation was.

I just went and checked on him and he is doing fine. You can tell where that stupid tape got him (it has around his head neck back area):(

Thanks for clarifying and I really am glad he's doing ok!!! :)

Poor thing you've learnt this lesson the hard way but at least it won't happen again. Heck I have dreams that I've hurt my snake and always wake up in a state, I can't imagine what actually doing so is like. Come back to us if things don't look to be healing well. Good luck.

Back