• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

centipede!

xgrafcorex

Corn Spider
heres some pics i took of my centipede today. normally i never see the thing at all, but i had to check its hide for food remains. i gave it a pinkie one of my corns wouldn't take. didn't really find much of anything left at all! it was purchased as Scolopendra subspinipes "Vietnamese centipede" and is at least 7" long. enjoy! :)
IMG_5158crop.jpg

IMG_5162s.jpg

IMG_5163crop.jpg

IMG_5168s.jpg

IMG_5169crop.jpg

IMG_5170s.jpg

IMG_5175s.jpg

HOLY MACRO BATMAN!! Not really a big bug fan, but gotta say those are some great shots. Mind if I ask what camera you use?

You're just using AB's down status to come over here and freak me out, aren't you? I normally don't check out the Myriapod section. ;)

Nice shots, but give me my furry tarantulas anyday. Centipedes creep me out something fierce. :eek1:

thanks. its a canon rebel xt with 18-55mm lens. basically the one they package it with most of the time it is packaged with a lens. these are some pretty cool bugs. crazy though. i never handle it, but almost did when it tried to run up my 12" forceps i use to grab food remains!! they are really quick, have a pretty nasty bite!, and can take down a very surprising variety of prey. heres a clip from a david attenborough film of a centipede(though a bit larger than the one i have) catching a bat in mid-flight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJiHDqE7cbo

taceas,
hah yea, i figured i might as well creep out some snake people :grin01:

Back