• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

chameleon viv

Is it airy? do you have a way to maintian constant temperatures in it? what is it made of?

It should be fine as long as you have gave it a good clean before you put in the snake and you can get the temps correct. Also make sure that the size of the tank does not exeed more than 2/3 of the snakes lenght.

It is generally recommended that you do not keep two snakes in the same vivarium - corns are solitary and just don't get along.

That is the chameleon viv by Aquapac. I don't that it is suitable for a corn. Corns are mostly terrestrial and will appreciate crawling room - they simply don't require a viv that is 4 feet tall.

ok thanks for the info. And with the 2 together until i came on here i didnt know they shuoldnt be kept together and i havent got another viv but theyare ok with each other. The two iv got at the moment are the first ones iv ever had and i dont know a lot about them.

Snakey Brad, why not buy two 3ft Aquapac tanks, each 2ft or so high and stack them on top of each other? One nice home for each snake and will most likely be much easier for you to maintain.

ok thanks for the info. And with the 2 together until i came on here i didnt know they shuoldnt be kept together and i havent got another viv but theyare ok with each other. The two iv got at the moment are the first ones iv ever had and i dont know a lot about them.

I suggest you run a search on this forum for 'cohabitation.' Cohabbing causes stress and corns can even canibalise each other. Your snakes may be (probably are) stressed and you aren't aware of it. And if they are okay now, they may not be in the future. Please consider seperating them.

Hope you don't take my advice the wrong way, just trying to help out. :)

ill research it and consider it. Thanks for letting me know. i am always happy to accept advice from more experienced people because then i learn more. and it can benefit the snakes well being.

ill research it and consider it. Thanks for letting me know. i am always happy to accept advice from more experienced people because then i learn more. and it can benefit the snakes well being.

:cheers: Good luck choosing some new vivs and let us know how you get on :)

Just an idea! If you already have this chameleon viv, why not put it on its back, create a divider for it and let your snakes use it. You can put the UTH in the middle where you put the divider. You could have a top opening viv and would have to watch out for both, but it is an idea.

I have two - here are pics of mine. They're nice tanks and very easy to get hold of.

chestertankedit1.jpg

The top two wooden vivs in this pic are the Aquapacs.

stacktank1.jpg

Just an idea! If you already have this chameleon viv, why not put it on its back, create a divider for it and let your snakes use it. You can put the UTH in the middle where you put the divider. You could have a top opening viv and would have to watch out for both, but it is an idea.

As far as I'm aware, the chameleon viv only opens in the top section - the bottom half has no doors. Also, the air vents are in the back so if you laid it down they would be covered. ;)

Good to know, I am not familure with the set up and was trying to offer alternatives if Snakey Brad was trying to save money.

thats a good idea about the chameleon viv but i dont already have one. And the aquapac vivs, they are what i have my two snakes in at the moment anyway.:) The place i get them fromis very expensive. But i reckon i could find somewhere thats has like half the price of that. Thanks for the suggestions and info.

Is it a 3ft viv? (they come in diff sizes.) If so that would make an ideal size for one adult corn and you could simply buy another one for your second snake - that would be much cheaper than the chameleon viv. The cham vivs are quite expensive I believe.

Back