• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Champagne snow stripe....

oldsnow

Hrmmmm........
What would be the difference between a champagne snow stripe and a typical snow stripe? From the few pics I have seen, the champagne has the yellowish stripe on the lower side of the neck. Is that it or is it just a different coloration or name, kind of like a bubblegum stripe?

Champagne Snow Stripes and Bubblegum Snow Stripes are both just line bred Snow Stripes, with the possible exception of Champagne, as this morph is believed to also be homo hypo by some.

So the champagne just comes from the coloring that is line bred into them? Was asking because my stripe has a yellowish tint to the sides but is bright pink on top. I still prefer the bubblegum over the champagne, but was wondering about homo something else (as you said hypo) because I plan to breed when Spot is old enough and was wondering what breeders I should find to pair up with him/her.

It's my undertstanding that Champagnes are selectively bred--mine has no hypo and is quite pink, which is the noticeable characteristic; I don't think yellow is a determining factor.

Attachments

• Thoth2009-04-04.JPG
    Thoth2009-04-04.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 184
Are you the breeder that's up in landrum? I was telling my wife there was one on here that was from up that way. We are looking for a female to eventually throw in with our snow so if you go to get rid of any pretty female breeders let me know lol

So the champagne just comes from the coloring that is line bred into them? Was asking because my stripe has a yellowish tint to the sides but is bright pink on top. I still prefer the bubblegum over the champagne, but was wondering about homo something else (as you said hypo) because I plan to breed when Spot is old enough and was wondering what breeders I should find to pair up with him/her.

I think it depends on what you want to produce.

I have also read that bubblegum & champaignes are selectively bred... Beautiful though arent they? Also lovin' these 'green spot snows,' & pink spots too.. selectively bred from normal snows, right?? =s

Yep that settles it.... I want a neon coral........ take that with a bubblegum stripe and come out with an all new morph. "glow in the dark" :idea:

Are you the breeder that's up in landrum? I was telling my wife there was one on here that was from up that way. We are looking for a female to eventually throw in with our snow so if you go to get rid of any pretty female breeders let me know lol

Yep, that's me! I had a Bubblegum het stripe I sold a few months ago, but otherwise I won't have anything for you in the breeder department for at least a few more years. I will have babies this year, from a Champagne snow stripe x same breeding.

Yeah I saw those in your breeding plans and will probably be coming after one of the higher color ones if I can get there soon enough lol. I would be getting a breeder to throw with spot if I get a baby since they will both hit maturity about the same time. I'm surprised Landrum allows a breeder up there. I did part of the remodel on the elementary school and I guess it just didn't strike me as a snake breeder friendly town.

Yeah I saw those in your breeding plans and will probably be coming after one of the higher color ones if I can get there soon enough lol. I would be getting a breeder to throw with spot if I get a baby since they will both hit maturity about the same time. I'm surprised Landrum allows a breeder up there. I did part of the remodel on the elementary school and I guess it just didn't strike me as a snake breeder friendly town.

Well, Landrum doesn't know it has a breeder up here! I'm actually outside the Landrum city limits--just barely, and so we're technically part of Spartanburg County. Actually, though, I was introduced to corns by a bicycling friend of my husband who breeds, Stephen Howard. Over the last few years, I've met several people who have snakes, so they're around for sure. Mathew Kay (Zeewhiz) lives your way, we're friends.

BTW, nice job on OP Earle!

Thanks, I hated the job... It was cold and wet and a lot of digging for wiring lol. Guess the kids are enjoying it though and that's all that matters. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for hatchlings so keep us all up to date. *whispers* save a pretty one for me so I can talk the wife into it easier lol. O and I would love to get a chance to see your whole setup as far as incubators and racks go so I could know about how deep in debt I plan on going :D

Thanks, I hated the job... It was cold and wet and a lot of digging for wiring lol. Guess the kids are enjoying it though and that's all that matters. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for hatchlings so keep us all up to date. *whispers* save a pretty one for me so I can talk the wife into it easier lol. O and I would love to get a chance to see your whole setup as far as incubators and racks go so I could know about how deep in debt I plan on going :D

lol--Sure, you're welcome to visit, probably would be best once the eggs start appearing. I use racks from Lowe's--relatively inexpensive.

Ill have to take you up on that after they lay so my wife can know what our basement will look like as soon as I can get it closed up and heated to my liking so I can feel comfortable about my babies down there

No problem. Are you sure your wife will let you give up a potential playroom for your kids? Being a mother myself (although ours are 15 and 21 years old), that would pop into my mind!

Well the guest bedroom is currently _covered_ in toys... And she told me the basement was mine as long as I left her the laundry room for her junk so I'm good until she changes her mind. Hopefully I can get everything in there before then that way it would be a waste of money to give up the endeavor :)

Well the guest bedroom is currently _covered_ in toys... And she told me the basement was mine as long as I left her the laundry room for her junk so I'm good until she changes her mind. Hopefully I can get everything in there before then that way it would be a waste of money to give up the endeavor :)

Sounds like a good compromise to me!

Normal looking cube stripe..

crabapple03-23-09.jpg

Suppose to be a champagne snow stripe.. This guy is awesome, better than some the best extreme examples..

snow_stripe11-12-09.jpg

Back