• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Charcoal or Anery, Pure Corn or Hybrid?

rusticreptiles

This snake was sold to a friend as a Charcoal. She was later informed by another breeder that it looked like an Anery Corn/Rat Hybrid. Any thoughts?

I got her in a trade with my friend and am breeding her to my Snow corn. So I guess if I get all normals she may be a Charcoal. If I get Anery then she's Anery. Just didn't know if someones veteran eyes might be able to tell by the pictures. Thanks so much for looking!

Attachments

• Annikaweb.jpg
    Annikaweb.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 196
ts01082010001.jpg

ts01082010002.jpg

Looks alot like mine...These most likely have some rat snake blood, probably a gray...

Your snake has more yellow and a well defined head pattern. Mine has almost no pattern on her head and minimal yellow. I don't know if that matters but just differences I noticed.
Do you know the genetics of yours? She/He is very pretty!
Any thoughts on the color...Anery/Charcoal?

Whoops. They...just looked again and noticed they were two different snakes.
What do you do with them with breedings? Have they produced for you? Thanks!

http://www.herpregistry.com/acr/Registry.php?idnum=1776

Mine are daughters to this one, and you can see genetics, siblings, offspring etc...so yeah, I know a little about their genetics ;)...In all honesty, almost no one is working with "frosteds", the only line out there I know of now is the "Tequila Sunrise" line, which is what these are...I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say yours is a sibling to these...How old is she?

kid pics

This one looks strikingly similar to a "Frosted Ghost" in South Mountain Reptile's photo gallery
ts01082010004.jpg

ts01082010005.jpg

ts01082010006.jpg

Huh, the first photo looks a lot like a deceased black rat I found at the creek in 2009. Made me so angry, it was obvious someone had caughter her and killed her to steel her unlaid eggs :( Very pretty snake, whatever she might be!

Hmm. Well I guess I will have to wait and see what the potential offspring bring. Just not sure what to sell the offspring as. Feels wrong selling them as pure corns...
She is 3 yrs old. First breeding.
Thanks you two! :)

Just label them "from a snow X frosted "X" where "X" is whatever she may prove out, and frosted denotes a possible rat snake in the blood...Just let any potential buyer know you have some issues with her background...

Make sure you post the results...If she is what I think she is, an '07 TS line anery A het hypo, amel or ultra, you'll get some neat results crossing her to a snow ;)

That is a pretty snake! I think they are all pretty though, so it doesn't take much to impress me. :)
Thanks for the info. I was trying to figure out what the heck frosted was in my corn snake book, but you just clarified that. Thanks a bunch. Now I'm anticipating hatching time even more. I'll post them up when I get them.
Thanks again Chris!
P.S. Do you have a website? I love to look at other breeders sites and snakes. :)

No website, but if you search "Tequila Sunrise" on this site you'll find pics of mine...Check in the individual forums further below; you'll find a lot of good breeders with websites (and more links to other websites :) ) to browse

chris68: Your first couple of pictures kind of look like Kisatchie Silver leafs or is it just me? See Kjun's snake haven site for a comparison if you are wondering what I am talking about.

Thanks Rich...even with the lack of a head pattern? Not trying to second guess you at all, just noticed that every pic I've looked at of Anerys they have some sort of head pattern. Your second picture looks the most like her coloration except with no head patterning. I'd be happy with Anery. :)

Aneries come in a WIDE range of looks, all of Rich's show some frosting, and I'm pretty sure they are in no way related to mine...He's also had years and years looking at 'em too ;)

aprilcorns005.jpg

another "frosted" anery, also not related to the one's I posted

Make sure you post breeding results for us :)

Thank you! LOL. She has a fat head! Or a turkey wattle...one of the RichZ pics looked a little thick around the neck but not quite the same. She doesn't quite have the same look about her face/head. Maybe she's just an ugly corn or it's the hybrid influence. I can't wait to see her babies. I'm going to hold a couple back to see what they mature into as well. (snakes hopefully ;)

Thanks Rich...even with the lack of a head pattern? Not trying to second guess you at all, just noticed that every pic I've looked at of Anerys they have some sort of head pattern. Your second picture looks the most like her coloration except with no head patterning. I'd be happy with Anery. :)

Sure. Although my Silverqueens were a form of Ghost, I wouldn't be surprised to see Anerythristics come from this line have a tendency towards patternless heads.

silverqueen02.jpg

silverqueen03.jpg

silverqueen04.jpg

silverqueen05.jpg

silverqueen06.jpg

Back