• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Charcoals

iloveblastbeatz

I'm thinking of getting a charcoal soon but I know that anery's tend to get yellow on their necks as they become adults. I was wondering if there is any way you can tell when they are younger if they are going to have the yellow on their neck or not? I'm guessing NO but I was just wondering.

I've seen charcoals with some yellow. I think unless you saw the parents there would be no way to tell when there younger. Did you like the yellow?

Charcoals have a lot less yellow than Anery A type snakes. I've got one and there is some on the chin but that's about it. It's hard to tell when they are younger but they certainly do have less than Anery A.

I've seen charcoals with some yellow. I think unless you saw the parents there would be no way to tell when there younger. Did you like the yellow?

I actually do not like they yellow lol. Some pull of the yellow VERY nicely but I don't see enough to like it. Oh well...if it did end up with yellow though I would still love it to death. I was just wondering. :)

I actually do not like they yellow lol. Some pull of the yellow VERY nicely but I don't see enough to like it. Oh well...if it did end up with yellow though I would still love it to death. I was just wondering. :)

I don't like it either but when I saw the charcoal sitting on Jeff Mohr's table I had to have him lol

He doesn't have much and I hope it stays that way.

I don't like it either but when I saw the charcoal sitting on Jeff Mohr's table I had to have him lol

He doesn't have much and I hope it stays that way.

I have a few of Jeff's charcoals too...gorgeous! And so far not much yellow, also hoping that it stays that way.

Charcoals have a dark iris and pupil.. Anery A's generally have a grey or tan iris..

Regards... Tim of T and J

I don't like the yellow either and my Anery Mot ended up with tons of yellow...sigh... but at least its bright and solid and he doesn't have any on his face. Still love him though :)

Hmmm, I might just have to get one from him :) hehe

I just got one from, but its too early to see if he'll develop any yellow or not. I've also tried to view the parents for some hint of colour, but that's not always so easy. I think most of Jeff's are ACR registered, which means there will be a picture on the ACR site.

Sorry to the OP, not trying to jack the thread..

I don't like the yellow either and my Anery Mot ended up with tons of yellow...sigh... but at least its bright and solid and he doesn't have any on his face. Still love him though

Sometimes the yellow in Anery A's can make a really nice impact on the animals...

ghost_male_adult9-21-07(3).jpg

or even following in the lines of charcoal as opposed to the Anery A based fellow up above... Although this guy is a blizzard..

2006blizzard_10-09-08.jpg

Regards... Tim of T and J

How about a Pewter instead?

My 06 Pewter doesn't have a scrape of yellow on her (knock on wood), but I have seen Pewter with small amounts of yellow just like Charcoals have. I would recommend the Charcoal based stuff over anery if you really don't care for yellow, but the risk is still there... just like that Blizzard that Tim posted... Blizzards are charcoal based... but yellow may still crop up.

Guess the only 100% sure way of avoiding yellow would be to buy an adult :)

I'm not a fan of the yellow. My anery and my ghost don't have yellow but a tan of sorts. It not much and it isn't intrusive. It seems to compliment them instead of jumping out at you.

any.JPG

gny.JPG

I only have one charcoal, an '08 from Jeff Mohr. Time will tell, but from I see from previous postings, I shouldn't expect any.

mohrcoal1.JPG

I'm not a fan of the yellow. My anery and my ghost don't have yellow but a tan of sorts. It not much and it isn't intrusive. It seems to compliment them instead of jumping out at you.

View attachment 96498

View attachment 96499

I only have one charcoal, an '08 from Jeff Mohr. Time will tell, but from I see from previous postings, I shouldn't expect any.

View attachment 96500

Ah! They're Beautiful! I want one so bad, I'm trying to wait for the spring though. It's so hard :( especially if I'm going to a show in January. How can I go to a show and not get anything!!!

Back