• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cleaning day.

Der_Doe12

Cleaning day is approaching soon in my home. For my snake that is! I was just wanting to get some tips from some experienced people on here.
What do you guys do for cleaning day? My original plan was to put Kingsley in the 10gal that Alice now occupys. So that obviously isn't going to work lol. Could I put him in the little container he came in? I feed him in it though so I don't want him to get his hopes up and break his little scaley heart lol. Should I scrub the tank down or just replace the aspen? Dumb but, is Aspen recyclable? Haha. Random. Weird. Okay back to what I was saying. Just some pointers is all I'ma lookin' for.

Since it will be such a short time, putting him back in his original container is fine.

Empty the viv, wash all plastic decorations and water dish with a stiff scrub brush, rinse well and let dry.

Throw away the used aspen, it is unsanitary and full of germs and bacteria.

Scrape and wipe all messes inside the viv, using a little vinegar and water is a great cleaning solution and no danger to the snake. Rinse well with water, dry thoroughly.

Replace aspen, decorations and hides and water dish and replace Kingsley. Watch him explore all over again!

By recyclable, do you mean could you use it for something else, like compost? I don't see why not.

Yes, Nanci. Like as a mulch or something by that sort. Instead of just throwing it all out. Seems like a waste. Plus with all the snake poo it may be a good fertlizer? Lol. Never know.

yeah, its definitely compostable!
I compost my bedding in the summer months..
in the winter living in the snow belt its not very easy to get to let alone find the compost...
:laugh:

but yeah got for it!
much better then filling the landfills..

Ahh, when someone says "recyclable" I automatically think of putting it into my recycle bin with my plastics and cardboard. It is really too dry here in the desert to compost unless you have a whole lot to use, so I never thought of it that way! Absolutely, compost that stuff!

I won't be using as I don't keep plants. One thing I could never do! It will be put to good use in various family members garedens though!

Back