• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cleaning day.....

oldsnow

Hrmmmm........
So it was cleaning day for Thumper and he got a nice little surprise when he got to go back into his tank after it was dry and fume free. Did a little rearranging and some more work on his "water bowl". Just for giggles, like the changes? Or should I take it all out and give him a corner bowl and straight aspen bedding?

Before cleaning:

picture.php

After cleaning, and Thumper investigating:

picture.php

picture.php

Spots tank.... Kinda bare compared, but she doesn't do anything but go from one hide to the other for now:

picture.php

And the work in progress.... soon to be spots tank as soon as my thermostats come in (and a lot more work to be done):

picture.php

Hrmmm... they are showing up on mine..... let me just put them as attachments in the same order as above

Attachments

• DSCN1729.JPG
    DSCN1729.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN1821.JPG
    DSCN1821.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN1823.JPG
    DSCN1823.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN1827.JPG
    DSCN1827.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN1830.JPG
    DSCN1830.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 94
That really is a sweet setup! I like how you made the "pool", does your snake use it?

Well, when I left the house this morning he was completely submerged with only his eyes and the tip of his nose sticking out of one of the holes in his "driftwood" so he could breathe and hunt, or so he thinks. Before I changed the viv around, he would get under the pump so it would pour out on him and I would have to go in and pull him out after 2 or 3 days of him being in there.... Worry about scale rot sometimes but nothing major that I have seen to date. I'll snap a few pics if he is still in there when I get home.

How did you do that??? My boyfriend and I wanted to do something like that for our firebelly toads...is there something pre-made you can buy to divide the tank like that or did you do it yourself?

How did you do that??? My boyfriend and I wanted to do something like that for our firebelly toads...is there something pre-made you can buy to divide the tank like that or did you do it yourself?

Just went to Lowes and had them cut 2 pieces of 3/32" plexi 12"L x 4"W and siliconed them in place. Waited a few hours for it to set up and added water, pump, and decorations. Not hard at all to do and only took about 15 mins worth of actual work to do it. I have a pic where everything was labelled the way it was set up before in my viv album on my profile page

To make it seal, you will need to do it yourself. Two pieces of glass, and some silicone, and you too can have this effect. If you put the pool all the way at one end of the tank, then all you need is a single piece of glass.

Thats how my boyfriend said we should do it but apparently its too much work for him so we just set a little tupperware container in there with water in it XD

Thats how my boyfriend said we should do it but apparently its too much work for him so we just set a little tupperware container in there with water in it XD

I have to say that I exert MORE energy making and eating a bowl of cereal in the morning than I did fixing that in my tank....... I'll leave it at that. :noevil:

I'd still love to make a nice pool in the tank, especially if its that easy! I will have to try convincing my boyfriend to put in the effort lol.

It looks really nice. How big of a terrarium is he in?

He's in a 55 gal. since he's my biggest, therefore he is my "display snake". My baby is in a 29 now, but will be stepping down to a 20 long once thermostats come in a few days, and the 29 will be my "layover" tank while their regular tank is down for cleaning. Well at least until the Repticon next month, where I'm sure I'll pick up something to put in the 29. Then they will be down to a Sterilite while cleaning, lol

That really is a sweet setup! I like how you made the "pool", does your snake use it?

Took a few days, but finally got a chance to sit down and upload the pics I got the other day.

Love the set up, especially the snake swimming pool. And boy, Thumper is a BIG guy!

Nah...... only 970g or so :D

Enjoy

Attachments

• DSCN1831.JPG
    DSCN1831.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1832.JPG
    DSCN1832.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 9
That is so neat!! Thanks for sharing!

I never would've imagined a corn snake would love water that much, lol. I'm going to have to try that some time...

Back