• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cleaning wood

ssssnake_lover

Hi all

Just purchased some wood from a pet store which looks like it's just been picked up from outside.

I have read loads of threads on here about cleaning and judt wanted to make sure i do it right.

Some people have said you need to just get rid of moss and sharp edges and soak in bleach solution and then rinse and some have said do the above plus bake it and freeze it.

Should i do all of these to be safe :shrugs:

Many thanks

Jamie

Hey all

This post is not for me it's for a friend but he has not got a comp so i said i will post it for him:D

My friend brought a Snake the other week and was sold everything including some wood which he put in the Snakes home.I spoke to him and said to him do you know if the wood was treated as it might have mites and stuff on it and he said no and wants to now take it out and clean it.

His question is as that wood has been in their which might have mites on it should he give the snakes home a total bleach clean and was down just incase mites got in their from the wood :shrugs:

Thanks all:D

Back