• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cleanning Wood

erosdq

This is the first time i've had any wood hides in my tank. I was wondering how to clean them. I would think that if you used a liquid cleaning stuff it would soak in. I have posted a pic of the viv and the wood just because i can i guess.

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Loosely wrap it in tin-foil and "bake it" in the oven at 250 degrees for about 2 hours. That will kill just about anything in it.

I would suggest you replace the analog thermometers in your enclosure with digital ones with temperature probes and place them at or under the substrate. 4 inches off of the substrate doesn’t tell you what your snake if feeling at the point of contact with it.

Regards,
Steve

Loosely wrap it in tin-foil and "bake it" in the oven at 250 degrees for about 2 hours. That will kill just about anything in it.

I would suggest you replace the analog thermometers in your enclosure with digital ones with temperature probes and place them at or under the substrate. 4 inches off of the substrate doesn’t tell you what your snake if feeling at the point of contact with it.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks i'm going to replace it thermometers my girl is getting a new viv and thermometers in a few weeks. I got that set up for a birthday gift but but i want to give my girl more room thats why the bigger viv so i figure i'd get new thermometers also.

Some things in this picture have changed, but the one that hasn't is the location of my thermostat probe and thermometer probe on the right hand side of the enclosure.

Hopefully this will clarify what I mentioned earlier.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Steve

Enclosure%20Setup.jpg

I would also agree with baking the wood though I haven't used tinfoil before (good suggestion) Freezing also works well but takes longer. :)

Do you mean after it gets pooped on, not initially? My snakes rarely get anything on their wood hides, but in the rare case I just scrub it under very hot water and rinse.

Back