• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Clutch #2

rosecat

unfortunately i'm cameraless right now ... but when my bf returns from work (in about 2hrs) i should be able to post pics :)

Anyhow my "2nd" (actually 4th to be laid, but 2nd that has any remaining good eggs) is starting to pip. I just checked on them and I have a nose poking out ... my best guess its is "just hypo" but i could be wrong, although it is a rather dark nose to be a hypo lav.

parents are hypos het amber lav

so I'm expecting: hypos, ambers, hypo lavs, (1/16) amber lav ... i have 5 or 6 good eggs still.

Congrats on the pippy! And our hypos that just hatched about a week ago came out fairly dark too, I'm hoping they lighten up after the first shed.

yesterday when i checked and found the pippy i didn't have the camera, last night & afternoon when i checked and i had the camera it was hiding in the egg *lol*

I'm hoping to post pictures of its head, not just egg goo and a bare flash of it.

well i have some worthy pics, it stuck its head back out again for me.

so far this is the only one that i can tell that has even slit/pipped yet.

Attachments

• hypo2.jpg
    hypo2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 83
  • hypo3s.jpg
    hypo3s.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 83
  • hypo4s.jpg
    hypo4s.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 83
  • hypo5s.jpg
    hypo5s.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 84
  • hypo1.jpg
    hypo1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 83
They either love the camera and pose all the time, or they hide in fear from it. lol... It's always the ones you WANT to see that cower in the egg so you can't see more than a nose, if that.

That little guy's nose sure looks alot like some of the noses we'd had though. A little too light for normal coloring, AND the chin bars don't look that dark, I think on normals they look black where as these ones in your pictures look fairly faded. Congrats again on the pip!

well it better not be a normal, because the parents are hypos! plus it looks totally different than the normal i had int he other clutch .

Cool beans! Interesting match-up. I know it'd take incredible luck but I will cross my fingers you get a hypo "lavamber"

a few more pics of it .. its head was out, but i tried to maneuver around to get more of its cheek and it ducked almost all the way back into the egg :shrugs:

Attachments

• hypo6s.jpg
    hypo6s.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 76
  • hypo7s.jpg
    hypo7s.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 76
  • hypo8.jpg
    hypo8.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 76
Congrats on the cute pippies! I love to see those little noses sticking out.

Nice pairing too. Good luck! :)

Don't you love that hide and seek game? :laugh:

Good luck with figuring out what is what. I think others are still cracking their heads with the same genetics in their clutches..
Saying that,I wouldn't mind at all having such "troubles"!

:cheers:

ooo i just checked and #2 is starting to come out! And a 3rd egg looks like its making some attempts at slitting, but hasn't quite made it through the egg.

So far the first two appear to be the same color, which I'm assuming is hypo. I've also included some images of the parents.

The first photo is mom, last photo is dad. The individual pic is of the newest pippy.

apparently i'm having some issues

Attachments

• hypos1.jpg
    hypos1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 49
  • dad1.jpg
    dad1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 49
  • hypob2.jpg
    hypob2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
  • hypob1.jpg
    hypob1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 49
  • mom1.jpg
    mom1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 49
Cool pix Rosecat and an interesting combo of hypo het lavender & caramel. Please post some pix when the whole clutch has hatched!
Would be fun to check them out!

well i know for one thing is that hatchling #1 and #2 are NOT the same *lol*. I opened the thing to check on the eggs this morning & #1 is out of the egg, #2 was almost all the way out, then of course started to retreat since I appeared (luckily it still stayed about halfway out).

So my best guess is that hatchling #1 (first to pip, first out completely) is not a hypo, but is a hypo lav. I have a female hypo lav that as a hatchling was very purple, and is just now starting to pink up some. I highly doubt that ambers have grey coloration to them ... and then I'll assume hatchling #2 is actually "just a hypo"

Some of the pictures show hatchling #1 making it look like a hypo, others pick up the colors well. The only way to describe is that they are completely different in person (if you can't tell from the images). I'm super excited!!!

Plus the bonus is if i happen to be unsure of what all of them are, I am in a position that i can keep 'em at least for a while (since all of the other clutches went bad ... what's antoher 5 or 6?)

Attachments

• hypob3.jpg
    hypob3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 36
  • comparison1.jpg
    comparison1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 36
  • comparison2.jpg
    comparison2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 36
  • comparison3.jpg
    comparison3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 36
  • comparison4.jpg
    comparison4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 36
and the suspect hypo lav, the first picture is the hypo that was halfway out of the egg, then the hypolav

Attachments

• hypob3.jpg
    hypob3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 36
  • hypolav1.jpg
    hypolav1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 36
  • hypolav2s.jpg
    hypolav2s.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 36
  • hypolav3s.jpg
    hypolav3s.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36
  • hypolavbelly1.jpg
    hypolavbelly1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 36
well looks like i checked on them just in time, cause the 2nd one was trying to get completely out of teh egg and has its umblicus still attached, it was starting to tug on it to get out, so i moved the egg a little bit so it could go free, now its cruising around. I'll post more pics later, maybe egg #3 will decide to show off its nose for me when i return from the lab this evening!

bad news .. egg #3 is DIE, i decided since i didn't see any progress after i enlarged the slit using tweezers (around 9am) and its now 5:30pm, that i would investigate a little bit more, so i carefully made the whole bigger, trying to get some movement from the hatchling ... i could see a lot of yolk, and was hoping maybe its still alive. Unfortunately i think it's been dead a while. The body was relatively stiff. I guess the good thing is that it appears to be only a hypo, and isn't a amber, hypo lav, or a potential amber lav .....

i'm unsure about the other 3 eggs, they all look a little weird (each one in a different way) so we'll see if I get anything else from this clutch.

Also my bf looked at the suspect hypo lav in comparison to the other one and definitely agrees its rather purplish and definiately different than the other one.

Back