• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

cold snake

As long as the temps are ok, it is fine. I hope you have some substate over the heatmat though.

Alex

there is no "best" bedding, but there are a number which work fine depending on your needs

Aspen, newspaper, paper towel, some bark blends, reptile carpet are some of the ones that people on this board regularly use.

Ones to definitely AVOID include cypress, pine or cedar woods and sand.

I use aspen for adults and paper towel for young ones.

Skye

I had this lil stuff that was small and i asked the local pet ppl and they said it was fine it was like 3cm long is that ok they had no irration? Is that ok????

that would depend on what it was made of, but if the petstore recommended it, then it is probably ok,

Skye

I'd make sure the pet store knew what it was talking about. Some pet stores don't always know what they are talking about. I have had to inform some customers and an employee that corn snakes DON'T EAT CRICKETS. True story. I just happened to overhear an employee telling a customer that they eat crickets. They actually had crickets in the viv with the corns.

lol

This probably would sound like a stupid question but when i buy snakes or see breeders snakes almost all of them use white wood chip substrate and the snakes really seem to enjoy digging and playing in this stuff so im pretty interested in getting my snake some of this since he seemed happy in it. Right now im using repti-bark but its hard and i dont really think he likes it. :(

Re: lol

8Corn*Freak8 said:
This probably would sound like a stupid question but when i buy snakes or see breeders snakes almost all of them use white wood chip substrate and the snakes really seem to enjoy digging and playing in this stuff so im pretty interested in getting my snake some of this since he seemed happy in it. Right now im using repti-bark but its hard and i dont really think he likes it. :(

Sounds like aspen. Aspen works rather well. The snakes can sit on top of it or dig under and hide.

Substrate? Wuzzat?

I am using a reptile carpet and I love it. I have two and just hose one off outside to clean it when I switch 'em.
I use Spanish Moss from Home Depot for a hidey. $3/bag lasts about a month. Actually I keep two hideys (one hot one cool).
Plus a BIG water bowl, and a plastic glow-in-the-dark skeleton.
In a 20L tank. Seems to work well and looks very nice.

Back