• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

color fading

Garteaser4

my new hatchling anery just shed for the first time and i noticed there is fades of black on the shed where he is black and i was just wondering is this y their colors fade as they mature? is it due to the color coming off on the shed?

Their colors dont necessarily 'fade', however they do change. What your seeing on the shed is just the pigment of the old skin. You dont have to worry about his color coming off with shed leaving you with a transperent snake, for when the new skin is made underneath the old the pigment is made too.

yeah iw asnt worried in the fact that my snake would become colorless, lol, i was more just curious as to if this had nething to do with y a snakes colors fade, or change as you corrected me

Back