• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Colour in cornsnake Problem???

Dragon666

my hypo corn has begun to change colour on its belly shes a 09 hypo dont know if this is normal at first i thought it was a burn checked my temps over a few days and all were no higher than 85 hot end 73 ish cool end the digi temp probe is touching the base just thinking is there a problem or just changes as it gets older my other 3 corns are not affected the snake strike feeds and no changes in behavier the belly towards the back is browner the futher back u go the colour is the same on the top as this

dragonfish66-albums-sale-pics-picture88896-dscf0004.jpg

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/foru...66-albums-sale-pics-picture88895-dscf0001.jpg

has anybody come across this i know they arent perfect pics but give u an idea cheers for replys

Yep, it's normal for the orange colouring to gradually increase and 'bleed' into the ventral.

Cheers for quick reply i thought i better make sure the other 3 i have got anery and 2 amel motly corns are still the same colour just thought it was odd have only been keeping snakes for 7 months and all of them are 09s

You will notice colors changing on them all but it is gradual and different for each snake. Some will be more drastic and some you will just notice one day that he or she looks different. My amel started out pink and white. Now he is orange and red with minimal white :)

You will notice colors changing on them all but it is gradual and different for each snake. Some will be more drastic and some you will just notice one day that he or she looks different. My amel started out pink and white. Now he is orange and red with minimal white :)

Cheers i was hoping it was just that its slowly getting darker from the back half but better make sure in case there was something wrong i read somewere that it could of been in shed but it only shed 2 weeks ago so wasnt that

I have noticed that the second half of the snake is always darker than the front half with the head. Its like if you start at the nose and look carefully down the length they gradually get darker the closer to the tail! It can make it rather confusing to a newbe like me!

Just thought it strange that it was the back half as well as i have said all my corns are august 09 so not got any full sized ones to compare with cant wait till they are near full size and see what they turn out like all pics on the net of full sized ones seem to be totally different to the hatchlings and more colourfull

Back