• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Colour of light

paullfc

Does the colour of light matter inside the viv my light has just gone this morning gettin a new one tommorow,, which colour should I get Red or White,, I usually use red,, should I change?

The snake can't see the red light, so the bulb can be left on 24/7 without disturbing the snake. :)

Yeah but what about the snake knowing when night and day is and when left on ever night the temp gets to around 90degrees(F)(BTW which part of manchester are you from ?)

I'm living in East Manchester, Just outside the city center at the moment.

With the red bulb the snake will sense day and night as normal (The light will make no difference to it.) with the white light it may affect the snake it may not, i've read conflicting reports and don't feel experienced or knowledgeable enough to give a positive answer on that - So I'd just play it safe with the red bulb. But maybe someone else can give you a better answer.

They cant see either end of the spectrum so blue works as well but I find blue a bit cold.. on the other hand it may enhance some snakes colours...I only just thought of that...LOL
MIKE

If I understand you correctly, you are using the light for light and heat. The snake needs to experience a normal photo period. It can get the from the light coming through the window next to his cage. But he also should experience day time high temperatures and night time lows. This needs to be done with a timer to turn the heat source on and off.

To leave a red light on 24/7 is not going to be a good idea if you have 24/7 90 degree temperatures.

Back