• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Columbian Redtail Boa

moonchild

It's so weird that somebody else just posted about redtails because we just inherited one. We aren't really into Boas so we were going to take it to the Overland Park, KS show this month and try to sell it. It is a 4 year old female, hasn't been used for breeding, and is around 6 foot long. Since I don't know a whole lot as far as Boas are concerned, I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on what price I should ask for her. Thanks!

lol. ya that was my post. i am hoping they are cheap, but considering how amazing they are i bet they are pretty expensive. srry i can't help.

I did rescue one from a shelter for $50, Babies sell for $50-$100.... so i would go to the show and look around at prices and then decide from there, i wouldnet sell it to anyone with out quizzing them about the care first though. I know you don't want another one of these beautiful animals in a shelter.

Hard to guess where to price a snake without seeing it. Possibly a picture would help someone make that decision a bit better for you. And being a breeding sized female makes it a bit more desireable. Lets see a pic and maybe youll get her sold even faster.
Josh

well i paid 25$ for my yearling partial ladder tail... but that was straight from a breeder..

moonchild said:
I can probably get some pictures tomorrow, I'm not going to attempt them by myself

lol, how old are you? Shes 6ft right? She wont kill you hun i promise lol.

Pics? Id still love to see them.
Boa Pricing ranges so much for some simple little things that its gonna be tough to even guess at a price with out the pictures.
JenC Even six footers cant put you through a heck of a strugle if your a small framed person in the first place. It is much better to err on the safe side than bite off more than you can chew and then its too late to do anything about it. And people certainly should not follow my example of handling the larger boas with no one around.
Josh

Back