• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Complex?

Merlin

Hi All :D

Here is my problem my corns were born 04/02 in there old viv they used to sit in there water bowl all the time it wasn't mites that was once thought and looked into, they just did it, now they have there very own 3ft viv nice and new lots of hides lots of space, hides, and tunnels and..................... they still do it.

Whats with them is it normal or a complex
and to rule out viv temps its 35"c in the warm end and 25"c according to a book on corns I got here thats right. but there weird

any help would be appreciated

thanks

a few explanations...
the snake(s) is/are in shed
humidity not high enough
or... they just like it :rolleyes:
my corn avoids his humid hide like the plague, even when he's shedding.. absolutly ridiculous

From what i know that is a little on the warm side. try a gradient from 21 c to 31c but up the warm end to 33 c if they have just eaten a large meal (to help them digest quicker). It may be that they are too hot and are using the water to cool down.

Temperature

I don'think you'll find a book out there with a recommended temperature above 30 deg. C, which is 85 deg. F. (I may be wrong.)

I have about 130 corns, and I keep them all at 26 deg C to 29 deg. C.

Bill

Really? My memory must be going then. Im positive the corn-snake manual states 21-31 with a hot spot at 33. Ill check it tonight. Regardless though, the original posters temps are too high.

Thanks to all the people for your help

I did some more research into the temps for corns and it turns out my temps was a little on the high side

I solved this by just having a basking light on during the day and un plugging the heat mat and at night turning the light out and putting the heat mat on now my corns just be normal again

however my local reptile supplier I think should know more about his stock as he to told me the temps was 35'c and 25'c they much happier little corns now I turned down the temps

thanks people

:D :D

I think some snakes just like to be wet. There used to be a pet shop near by with 5 or 6 corns, and there was a stripe that was always in the water bowl.

Back