• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Concerned about Shedding

Karoni

Cornaholic
Rusty has been in the shedding process for about two weeks now. Two weeks ago, I noticed his colors were dark (he is a normal). I am *still* waiting for him to shed. His eyes have been clear since Sunday. It's never taken this long before. Should I be worried? He is an adult.

Thanks, guys!

Did you ever see him definitely blue? I wouldn't worry, though. It sounds like you caught him at the very earliest point. Is he active now?

Thanks, Nanci. I definitely saw them cloudy last week and they were kinda cloudy on Saturday but looked clearer on Sunday. I do tend to notice any color changes pretty quickly. He's not active at all. He's mostly does a great amazon tree boa impersonation. I have been surprised to see him up there when he's in blue, although when his eyes were the cloudiest he did hide under the newspaper for a day or two.

Nanci and everyone else has taught me so much here, If nothing else, they taught me to be patient. My corn never "goes blue" to say he doesn't get the normal symptoms, no pink belly or cloudy eyes, hell go and sleep for a week in his humidity box I made and then all of a sudden I wake up and find a full shed.....do you have a humidity hide set for him? Don't worry, you both will be fine, youll see.

Thanks. I don't use a humid hide with him because he totally ignores them. I have tried multiple times. I keep give the humidity a boost by putting a moist dish towel on top of the screen cage and covering it with a piece of styrofoam to keep the moisture from dissipating quickly.

Thanks. I don't use a humid hide with him because he totally ignores them. I have tried multiple times. I keep give the humidity a boost by putting a moist dish towel on top of the screen cage and covering it with a piece of styrofoam to keep the moisture from dissipating quickly.

I made mine our od a small Tupperware container, cut a hole in it, melted the edge with lighter so there was no sharp edges and I put sphag moss in it, when hes ready for it he will go in.

Like I said, whenever I have done that, Rusty completely ignores it. Mango, on the other hand, loves it. Go figure.

Back