• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

concerning weight

tommyxivx

curious question..

around how many grams would a 2 year old corn snake weigh? i have an 06 corn that i got last December and I'm not too sure if he's where he's supposed to be concerning weight. Since the day i brought him home, i usually fed him once a week but there were times where i would feed him every 2 or 3 weeks. im probably just very paranoid because he seems to be a healthy corn. but still...if anyone can answer my question, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Tommy

Well my 06 born in september is only 242g, but she's been going on hunger strikes since the spring.
Most are well into the 300g range. But it's completely variable, depends on how he was being fed before you, and generally just the genetics of the individual animal.
How much does your weigh?

Just feed it on a regular schedule and it should be fine. I wouldn't go longer than 2 weeks however, unless it is refusing to eat.

I would say an 06 should be at least a couple hundred grams. Significantly below that and it is probably underfed.

Just feed it on a regular schedule and it should be fine. I wouldn't go longer than 2 weeks however, unless it is refusing to eat.

I would say an 06 should be at least a couple hundred grams. Significantly below that and it is probably underfed.

I would disagree... my 06s range from 198 to 119... These don't look underfed to me...

My Pewter who is at 119:
IMG_1767.jpg

My Granite who is at 145:
2008_0626-MichaelMeasurement.jpg

My Anery Motley is 168:
IMG_5810.jpg

And it was decided that my Ultramel who was at 186 (I believe) might be considered a little on the chunky side and her feeding dates spread out a little further...
IMG_4995.jpg

As long as your snake is eating well for you, don't stress on the actual weight is my theory. There will be a huge difference from snake to snake, even on the same food.

Actually, looking at those pictures, I think Daire, my Anery might be a little pudgy too.... hmmmmmm

Forgot to say... that you should be feeding every 7 days... 10 days at the most. An occassional 2 week won't kill the snake, but you won't be doing him any good either. My big male has a fast metabolism and while most people feed their adult males every two weeks, he gets a small rat every seven days. I believe he might get a little thin if I was feeding him every 2 weeks and that's a full grown adult (2001).

Make time to feed your guy/girl. When it's only one it's a lot faster than 6 or 200 :)

I love that ultramel, what makes it different from a regular amel?

It's a different gene, if you would like the headache version from Rich Z (our fearless leader).. go to his website to hear his definition:

http://www.serpenco.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=16576&cat=&page=1

If I had read this first, I'm not sure I would have bought her as I bought her because she was 100% het for Charcoal & Motley, but if I hadn't, I would have missed out on one heck of a personality. She can be the most amusing of all my snakes :)

Back