• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Connor - Mysterious Corn/Rat (pic heavy)

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
Please accept my apologies, guys - I am sick and off work and got my camera out for something to do!

Here's Connor. I guess a lot of you know his story - I rescued this guy about a year and a half ago and so have no idea what his parents were. I know, I know; he's maybe not a yellow rat, but I sure don't have anything else to call him... :shrugs:

Connor is so big now that with snake in one hand, camera in the other and leaning right back, I couldn't get the whole snake in the shot.

Anyway - here's The Destroyer in all his glory. Hope you like.

connorfeb1.jpg

connorfeb4.jpg

connorfeb5.jpg

connorfeb6.jpg

connorfeb3.jpg

More coming up...

Did I mention that he has a 'tude? ;)

connorfeb2.jpg

connorfeb7.jpg

connorfeb8.jpg

For an idea of his size, here he is with my laptop and then my hand in the shot.

connorfeb9.jpg

connorfeb11.jpg

Couple more to come...

connorfeb10.jpg

"What do you mean, this computer doesn't have a mouse?"

connorfeb12.jpg

And anyone remember when he looked like this...? ;)

tiny.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hurrah!:dancer: Great to see Connor again. He's looking even more gorgeous than ever.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hes done sooooo well in your care Becks!

He DEFFINATLEY has yellow rat in him, but I am not convinced hes a "pure" yellow rat. He looked almost pure corn as a baby... hes so wildly different now. Hows his temprement these days?

I've always liked him, Becks, but now I really love that guy. You know I like a nice ventral, and this guy's is super suh-weet. It sure would be a shock to find that he's just a hybrid and not a homo-caramel hybrid. Whatever he is, he kicks butt. :cool:

Thanks Janine and Rich! :cheers:

Tula_Montage said:
Hes done sooooo well in your care Becks!

He DEFFINATLEY has yellow rat in him, but I am not convinced hes a "pure" yellow rat. He looked almost pure corn as a baby... hes so wildly different now. Hows his temprement these days?

Thanks Elle. I'm really waiting to see if those stripes darken up any more.
He's like a kitten now compared to his temperament when I took him in - he's still skittish and he has a lot of 'feisty' days, but he never bites or tail-rattles anymore.

Roy Munson said:
I've always liked him, Becks, but now I really love that guy. You know I like a nice ventral, and this guy's is super suh-weet. It sure would be a shock to find that he's just a hybrid and not a homo-caramel hybrid. Whatever he is, he kicks butt.

Thanks, Dean! I made sure to include a nice ventral for you. ;)

Wow no apologies necessary for posting great pics.

I'd bet that he has some yellow rat going on too. His head pattern looks faded. Plus he's huge.

Now that I see him as an adult, I am wondering if it's Baird's ratsnake in him. His head has a similar shape, Baird's have that dark double striping and I have a pure Bairdi with white to his scales along the back like Connor. Hmm...

Wow no apologies necessary for posting great pics.

I'd bet that he has some yellow rat going on too. His head pattern looks faded. Plus he's huge.

Thanks! He's definetly a big guy, and I don't think he's quite done growing yet.

Now that I see him as an adult, I am wondering if it's Baird's ratsnake in him. His head has a similar shape, Baird's have that dark double striping and I have a pure Bairdi with white to his scales along the back like Connor. Hmm...

It's funny you should mention that - I've wondered the same myself, after seeing pics on this forum of a very yellowy bairds. I can't remember who posted them. Whatever Connor is, there's some type of rat in there somewhere, for sure.

What an amazing looking snake & he has really turned out beautiful! What a difference. He looks like an expensive belt lyin there on the bed...hehe gorgeous! :D

Oh my I DO remember the posts about him! That guy surely grew faster then any corn on a Munsion diet! To be honest I think there might even be more rat then corn in his blood, but he sure is handsome anyway!

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased you like my big yellow guy...

Oh my I DO remember the posts about him! That guy surely grew faster then any corn on a Munsion diet! To be honest I think there might even be more rat then corn in his blood, but he sure is handsome anyway!

Oh, definetly - I think the same thing myself. I love ratsnakes though, so it's all good. ;)

Holy huge snake! Connor got BIG!

Yeah, he's a monster. It was kinda hard to get across his size in the pictures, but I tried. And he seems to get ever larger when he's having one of his temper tantrums and thrashing about... :rolleyes:

Wow, he really got big! I remember when you got him, he was so little - now look at him! He really is unique. Definitely rat in there. I am kinda leaning towards a baird's influence, but who knows? Doesn't matter anyway, he's awesome!

Wow, he really got big! I remember when you got him, he was so little - now look at him! He really is unique. Definitely rat in there. I am kinda leaning towards a baird's influence, but who knows? Doesn't matter anyway, he's awesome!

Thank you! I can't believe how much he has changed in the time I've had him. He's like a different animal, looks and temperament wise.

Back