• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Constantly hiding

DrGraeme

Chiropractor
Thanks so much to everyone for answering my questions in the past, I do have another one in the pipeline now...

Katana has been very scarce lately for the last week or two, and has not been roaming around virtually at all (that we have seen). Also she has taken to burrowing in her substrate rather than using her hides. Last week she refused a feed but I think she just never came out of hiding to find her food.

My question is, should I try and get her out of hiding for her meal times or listen to her and just wait it out until she's out and about again?

It is winter here at the moment but it's still mild, and her warm hide is sitting at 28degC. She has displayed this behavoiur before just before a shed but she's not due for a good while yet.

So should I get her out, or just let her be??

Thanks.

Is it possible she is blue and that is why she isn't out and about, and also why she refused her meal? I don't feed until after the snake has shed, if blue. Otherwise, I dig them out on feeding day.

Thanks for the advice Nanci.
I'll dig her out and feed tonight. I'll double check if she's blue but she has only recently shed. (we're busy waiting for Domino the Calking to shed and get over being all aggro).

Back