• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cool temps at night- snakes delight?

vertigofm

I used to use a red heat lamp at night, I started turning it off and it gets like 67F in the room. Boy is Herman (my boy) active, he seems much more alive and movement increases. Yet when its cooler he also is more pissy and hisses more.

I'm new to snakes, so not sure if this is correct or not, but could it be that he is searching for some warmth, which would explain why he is more hissy? Do you have an under tank heater that is on overnight, or is the light his only source of warmth?

My corn is very rarely out of his heated area, so I know he prefers it there.

Please correct me if I am wrong someone

I'd suggest he's out more because the light is off. Snakes prefer the dark as they are harder to see at that time and feel more secure being out and about. 67° is a bit chilly but not bad enough to be unhealthy.

WEll you got to think of it like this I don't have a heat light I use an undertank heater and I also leave the window open in my room. So whatever temperature it is outside is also going to be the same temperature inside the room which most of the time stays around 70 to the high 60's mark and it dosen't seem to hurt em.

Back