• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

coral,starburst,neon snow??????

SMALLZBULLYS

Hi I was wandering what the difference is between the coral snow,neon pink snow and the starburst snow are.If you have pics of each please post them also.Thanks for your help JAMES

OK from what I've gathered over the past couple years....

Coral Snows are snows with coral colored blotches, an orangey pink if you will. Some Coral Snows are Hypo, some are not. Some people use the term "Coral Snow" for a Hypo Snow regardless of if it had orange/pink blotches.

"Neon" is a named coined by a line of Bubblegums developed by Stephen Wagner, who believes there is a recessive trait that gives them their color. These guys from what I've seen have a hot pink background color to them.

Starburst is a beautiful line of "Super Corals" belonging to Poppy Corns. I think Marsha worked very hard breeding different lines together to get the nice pink background and the coral saddle color, but again, hopefully she'll pitch in about those too.

Bubblegums should be a snake that has been line bred to have extreme pink coloring and often green coloring as well. Unfortunately so many people have labeled a snow a Bubblegum as soon as it shows the slightest hue of pink or green and charged a lot of $$ for them. When the snake turns out to be just a tad pinker than your average snow, they get "turned off" to the bubblegum. However, some of us still have lines that create super pink animals. I hate calling my line Bubblegums because of how overused the name is for sub par animals. I was calling them Neon Bubblegums just as a description, since in person the pink and green is neon colored, but I didn't realize Stephen was using that for something he thinks is a recessive trait. So for now, they are just "High Pink" Bubblegums. LOL.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I bred Neon to my line of Bubblegums this year, here is a picture of an adult of each....

The Bubblegum female is looking to the left and the Neon male is looking to the right. In my experience will all these pink lines as well as champagne, the male is always the pinkest example of the line.

attachment.php

An example of their offspring posted by ceduke, he is turning out nice already...
004-1.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/004-1.jpg

OK from what I've gathered over the past couple years....

Coral Snows are snows with coral colored blotches, and orangey pink if you will. Some Coral Snows are Hypo, some are not. Some people use the term "Coral Snow" for a Hypo Snow regardless of if it had orange/pink blotches.

"Neon" is a named coined by a line of Bubblegums developed by Stephen Wagner, who believes there is a recessive trait that gives them their color. These guys from what I've seen have a hot pink background color to them.

Starburst is a beautiful line of "Super Corals" belonging to Poppy Corns. I think Marsha worked very hard breeding different lines together to get the nice pink background and the coral saddle color, but again, hopefully she'll pitch in about those too.

Bubblegums should be a snake that has been line bred to have extreme pink coloring and often green coloring as well. Unfortunately so many people have labeled a snow a Bubblegum as soon as it shows the slightest hue of pink or green and charged a lot of $$ for them. When the snake turns out to be just a tad pinker than your average snow, they get "turned off" to the bubblegum. However, some of us still have lines that create super pink animals. I hate calling my line Bubblegums because of how overused the name is for sub par animals. I was calling them Neon Bubblegums just as a description, since in person the pink and green is neon colored, but I didn't realize Stephen was using that for something he thinks is a recessive trait. So for now, they are just "High Pink" Bubblegums. LOL.

attachment.php

Right on the money Carol. Nice job explaining the differences in the lines.

thanks everyone for the info its hard to tell some times whats what when alot of people have the same thing but call it something else.

Back