• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn books

Yep! Kathy Love's book is absolutley the best. With that one, you don't need another... except the Cornsnake Morph Guide of course, when you're really into corns.

Is it worth the money to by the updated book by Kathy Love or are you Ok sticking with the The Consnake Manual?

Charger9 said:
Is it worth the money to by the updated book by Kathy Love or are you Ok sticking with the The Consnake Manual?
You could look on eBay. It may be cheaper there. I think it is worth it.

Most of the extra pages are on the new morphs that are out. The information inside as far as husbandry remains nearly the same.

Most of the new info was either on new morphs, or was in direct response to many emails we received after the first book, wanting us to add or clarify something in it. For instance, we added more about taming and handling because people asked us to. And we switched out some photos and added lots more new photos. But of course the main, basic husbandry info is not changed A LOT, just added to or clarified. I feel the old Manual would still be a great help for any beginner, and the new Owner's Guide will add even more, especially if you don't already have the Manual (you probably don't need them both, since there is a lot of overlap).

I got both! Had to have an autographed copy Kathy! Love the extra morph pictures. Read it thru again just for fun.....One copy sits by my computer where I can refer in times of emergency...like gravid females, etc!

Has anyone ever read the Corn/Rat snake book by Philip Purser? If so would you recommend it more or the same or less?

Theres one at my local petstore. I can't exactly remember the name of it. But I actually spent some time reading the whole thing. And I was shocked when it said it was okay to house them together. And said it was okay to house them on ceder and pine substrate.

Back