• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn/bull snake pics?

pinupgrl

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would know what a mix like this might look like. Someone I know let their normal corn breed with a bull snake and they a should be hatched anytime now. I might be interested in taking one for a pet...

Also, any idea their temperament might be? I'm not extremely familiar with bull snakes.

Bulls are "huffy" snakes when agitated. On the whole, they are more easily agitated than corns. And they have a fast digestive system... read "smellier poo." All that aside, I *loved* working with them and will probably get back into them some day. Big, stocky, impressive snakes. As for pictures, if you Google "Turbo corn" or "Bull corn snake hybrid," you'll get some images, mixed with images that have nothing to do with either. But they vary almost as much as pure corns or pits. I'm not a hybrid fan, but some are really pretty.

I have no idea but I would be interested in seeing what that looked like to. I have not dealt with any bull snakes however my parents have one that lives in their yard. They have named him Fred and for a wild snake he seems very sweet and calm.

Thanks for the info! From what I can see they are... interesting. I guess I'll wait till they are out and take a look at them. I'll post a picture if I decide to get one.

Thanks again!

Bulls are "huffy" snakes when agitated. On the whole, they are more easily agitated than corns. And they have a fast digestive system... read "smellier poo." All that aside, I *loved* working with them and will probably get back into them some day. Big, stocky, impressive snakes. As for pictures, if you Google "Turbo corn" or "Bull corn snake hybrid," you'll get some images, mixed with images that have nothing to do with either. But they vary almost as much as pure corns or pits. I'm not a hybrid fan, but some are really pretty.

Thank you for that info! A turbo corn is not as pretty as a corn or the bull snake huh. I guess I will stick with my corns, I like the pretty colors. :laugh:

I think all of my corn/bull and corn/gopher crosses are quite pretty. I love that particular hybrid cross. Here is my male, Dallas, an Okeetee/Texas bullsnake cross.

Attachments

• 20050622 010.jpg
    20050622 010.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 76
  • P1210034.JPG
    P1210034.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 20050622 012.jpg
    20050622 012.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 76
Now those ARE pretty! I particularly like their scale pattern. Very nice.. that makes me excited to see these babies!

Thank you for that info! A turbo corn is not as pretty as a corn or the bull snake huh.

I didn't say that! Just said I'm not a big fan of hybrids, but some are really pretty.:shrugs:

I didn't say that! Just said I'm not a big fan of hybrids, but some are really pretty.:shrugs:

Oh no I wasn't going by what you said I was going by the pictures that I was able to find on the internet. But I was pleasently surprised with dionythicus's he is beautiful.

Back