• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn is acting abnormal

Prattj

I dont know where i should have put this thread, but my corn has been acting extremely active and wont eat ever since i got my ball python. They are in the same room but not close. I am probably just being paranoid but he is so active. He comes and says hi when i walk in the room. He tries to find a way out.. anything. Just wont stop moving. This is abnormal for him because he is usually ALWAYS hiding. Always.. even at night. And now around 10 he is out and roaming. Kinda like he is trying to tell me he is hungry but then when i go to feed him... he doesnt wanna anything to do with it.

Mine is kind of like that too! I got her for about a month now, and she is starting to creep out but still in her hide. lol maybe she is getting used to her tank? When did you get your corn?

How old is your Corn? Patrolling and refusing food sounds like typical behaviour for a mature male seeking a female at this time of year :)

As a precaution, double-check the temp on the warm side floor as sometimes hyperactivity and refusal to eat are sometimes symptoms of overheating. However, my bet is that it's just the sap riising for springtime!

Do you have a thermostat for either of your snakes yet? Too high a temperature is the most common reason for overly-active corns with unregulated heat sources.........

Mine is kind of like that too! I got her for about a month now, and she is starting to creep out but still in her hide. lol maybe she is getting used to her tank? When did you get your corn?

He is about a year old. Im not sure if he is actually a he, but i dont think its because the temps are too high because i actually just lowered them because the hot spot was 90 plus.

How old is your Corn? Patrolling and refusing food sounds like typical behaviour for a mature male seeking a female at this time of year :)

As a precaution, double-check the temp on the warm side floor as sometimes hyperactivity and refusal to eat are sometimes symptoms of overheating. However, my bet is that it's just the sap riising for springtime!

A year old

Back