• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake books?

DarrenHyland

Hey all,

Do any of you know any books that would be worth purchasing that will greater my knowledge of corn snakes? I know the basics and the information you need to know when keeping corns, but I'm looking for books that will give me more information. Books that include;

- Caring/looking after them
- Breeding
- Behavior
- Observation
- Genetics
- Being able to distinguish types from other types

Generally any kind of book that will improve my knowledge. If there isn't any books, maybe websites packed full of information/guides with a LOT of info on snakes?

Also, books/websites on milk snakes and king snakes would be appreciated.

Peace,
Darren

A staple (in my opinion) that every corn owner should have is Kathy Love's book: "Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide." If you want to know more about the morphs you should get the "Cornsnake Morph Guide," which is published annually by Charles Pritzel.

That times infinity.

You can buy it here for really cheap or pay full price and get it signed (not worth the time and money to me).

A staple (in my opinion) that every corn owner should have is Kathy Love's book: "Corn Snakes: The Comprehensive Owner's Guide." If you want to know more about the morphs you should get the "Cornsnake Morph Guide," which is published annually by Charles Pritzel.
I'll check out both them books, thanks. :)

That times infinity.

You can buy it here for really cheap or pay full price and get it signed (not worth the time and money to me).
You're right, haha. I think $11 is a good enough price. :p

Thanks for the link! :)

There's also the book by Don Soderberg (I think I spelled that right?) and I forget the exact title, but it has corn snake in the title. If you search at Amazon, I'm sure it'll come up. I also have one something like "My Snake is Sick" or something along those lines...it'll probably come up at Amazon too. I could get off my butt and go look, but I'm sitting here drinking my coffee. LOL

I wish I read this yesterday.
I was looking for a good book and saw that manual but didn't know if it was worth 20 dollars so I didn't get it.

grr.

I wish I read this yesterday.
I was looking for a good book and saw that manual but didn't know if it was worth 20 dollars so I didn't get it.

grr.

I bet you can order it directly from Kathy!! Any time we can support breeders/mom and pop shops, etc. it's a good thing. We don't want them to dwindle away.

The cool thing about Kathy's book, and Don's book is they stay perpetually useful. You read it through the first time, and get a handle on how to care for your first cornsnake. Then maybe you have a problem along the line- a picky feeder or a regurge, so you turn to the book again to find the answer. Then you want another snake, and read up on morphs. Then, years later, your thoughts turn to breeding- the books have information you didn't used to care about that is now of vital importance! And the REALLY COOL thing is the two books, Kathy's and Don's, compliment each other. It's not likeif you have one, the other is redundant. Each has the author's personal experiences, which are different, but of equal value. You can never have too much knowledge.

And then there's Cornsnake Morph Guide. Yes, a new edition comes out every year! It's my most-anticipated annual event!! It's the first look at any new morphs, new experiments, new gene combinations- there is always new and exciting information with the newest edition! (And I take the old ones and leave a copy at work, leave a copy in my truck- whatever!)

I have both versions of Kathys book, and over the last 4 yrs
I have literally worn them out.. Dons book too..
I need to get new copies.. LOL

"You can buy it here for really cheap or pay full price and get it signed (not worth the time and money to me)."

Yes, it is a real shame we can't buy our own book cheaply enough to compete with Amazon - I only wish we could! But I guess they buy in such huge quantity that they get it REALLY cheap. The book does not actually belong to us. We were just hired to write it, and we have to buy our copies from the distributor, just like any other book we sell. Unfortunately, we are just not a large enough business to compete with places like Amazon. That is why we have to sell it at the cover price instead of a steep discount.

Thanks. I'll be sure to check it out. :)

There's also the book by Don Soderberg (I think I spelled that right?) and I forget the exact title, but it has corn snake in the title. If you search at Amazon, I'm sure it'll come up. I also have one something like "My Snake is Sick" or something along those lines...it'll probably come up at Amazon too. I could get off my butt and go look, but I'm sitting here drinking my coffee. LOL
Haha, no worries. Thanks. I'll definately check that out, too! :)

I bet you can order it directly from Kathy!! Any time we can support breeders/mom and pop shops, etc. it's a good thing. We don't want them to dwindle away.

The cool thing about Kathy's book, and Don's book is they stay perpetually useful. You read it through the first time, and get a handle on how to care for your first cornsnake. Then maybe you have a problem along the line- a picky feeder or a regurge, so you turn to the book again to find the answer. Then you want another snake, and read up on morphs. Then, years later, your thoughts turn to breeding- the books have information you didn't used to care about that is now of vital importance! And the REALLY COOL thing is the two books, Kathy's and Don's, compliment each other. It's not likeif you have one, the other is redundant. Each has the author's personal experiences, which are different, but of equal value. You can never have too much knowledge.

And then there's Cornsnake Morph Guide. Yes, a new edition comes out every year! It's my most-anticipated annual event!! It's the first look at any new morphs, new experiments, new gene combinations- there is always new and exciting information with the newest edition! (And I take the old ones and leave a copy at work, leave a copy in my truck- whatever!)
You're right, and I will be sure to get my copy directly from Kathy, when I have the money. :)

Very true. I'll be looking to pick up both books! :)

I have both versions of Kathys book, and over the last 4 yrs
I have literally worn them out.. Dons book too..
I need to get new copies.. LOL
Oh you. :spinner:

Back