• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake dreams?

Talane

So I'm sure you seasoned owners have had dreams about your corns. I had one last night that was pretty interesting.
I was in a house I didn't recognize, staying there with my daughter and my husband. I ordered an anery pair (that I have been looking at in real life) and they came in the mail, with a couple others. The ones that tagged along were a baby creamsicle and a beautiful snow tessera fully grown, which I haven't seen an example of until I looked it up after I woke up.
The snow tessera had a shedding problem around an injury on his nose that looked like a hematoma. He had an attitude problem but eventually let me peel off the old skin so that the new skin underneath could drain out and heal. This was very vivid, but it didn't seem gross at the time.
After that, I walked into my daughter's room and found that the female anery had fought off a dog that was trying to get at my daughter and had died in the process. It was sad, but at first I thought my daughter had been attacked as well and was relieved when my husband told me she slept through the fight.
I have had snake dreams in the past, but none this involved. They say snake dreams are often about health and similar issues, and my daughter got over a fever last night from getting her shots.
Now I really want a snow tessera!! :bowdown:

Lets hear some of your dreams!

Most of my snake dreams involve field-collecting, I rarely recall dreaming of my pets. I have a frequent one where I'm overturning rocks by a steam, and finding the most crazy vivid new morphs ever seen, often bright blues and greens. And I've had one recurring dream where a piebald corn is basking, and I have to catch it. In one variation of this dream, it bites me, much harder than any corn can bite, but I won't let it go because I can't let it escape. I'm running blood, but will not let the snake go until I get him in an enclosure. I'm sure that one could be interpreted!

I had a dream my friend caught a golden corn snake and was giving it to me! One of those dreams when you wake up and wished it was real! Lol

I usually have two types of snake dreams. The most common I have is that I find something really awesome in the wild and I'm super excited. The second is that I have more and more snakes and I have no place to keep storing them.

I've only had one that I can recall. I had all three of my snakes in one 10 gallon, and my fire was about to shed. I was waiting and waiting, and all of a sudden she shed almost instantly, but what was under her red skin coming off was a HUGE green lizard, who took up almost the whole viv. I had to remove all of the hides and branches from the viv to make room for her, and my cinder was very upset about this. She actually told me that (apparently in my dreams, snakes can talk?). So then I wanted to talk to her breeder about exchanging this green lizard for another red snake, so I was searching for pictures from before she had shed to prove that she had previously been a red snake, otherwise who would ever believe me? Suddenly, I couldn't actually remember if she'd had legs before or not, but couldn't find any pictures to verify or answer that question.

Strange dreams! I definitely checked on her first thing in the morning to make sure I still had a RED SNAKE!!! No legs! Ha ha ha ha!

Most of my snake dreams involve field-collecting, I rarely recall dreaming of my pets. I have a frequent one where I'm overturning rocks by a steam, and finding the most crazy vivid new morphs ever seen, often bright blues and greens. And I've had one recurring dream where a piebald corn is basking, and I have to catch it. In one variation of this dream, it bites me, much harder than any corn can bite, but I won't let it go because I can't let it escape. I'm running blood, but will not let the snake go until I get him in an enclosure. I'm sure that one could be interpreted!

Yep. Dream about field-herping all the time.

I usually have two types of snake dreams. The most common I have is that I find something really awesome in the wild and I'm super excited. The second is that I have more and more snakes and I have no place to keep storing them.

Oh, sweetheart, that second one is TRUE!!! :rofl:

I have one where I am trying to pin down all the ones I own at the time of the dream by their heads as if they are venomous, and they keep biting me.

I watch WAY too much Animal Channel!

Ive also had a type of dream where I have too many snakes and no where to put them. Ive also dreamed of lost snakes that have magically returned and I am so happy in the dream.

Also Ive dreamed of snakes that were completely unknown to me and they ended up in my tubs with my other snakes and I am amazed at how they got there.

Overall I think these dreams are very interesting and I try to write down my dreams as soon as I wake up or else they fade within minutes.

Heck, I used to have dreams about field collecting snakes all the time. Most were recurring showing the same places of previous dreams. They were so vivid that even now I can see them in my mind. Actually some are more vivid than actual real memories. The only reason I know they ARE dreams is because I would catch the most beautiful Sinaloan milk snakes there. They were so thick that I could be choosy about the ones I wanted to keep. This was a rocky outcropping that formed low ceiling caves with old pieces of furniture that had been abandoned within. The best sinaloans were usually under the old pot bellied stove at the back. Man, some of them were absolutely gorgeous. Sort of resembling the ones reported to come from the Tres Marias islands off of the coast of Mexico.

Honestly, at this time I don't know if all of my best memories of catching coastal plains milk snakes are real or just vivid dreams I had. I think the memory of me catching seven of those milks in a single day, with half of them being gravid females is real. It was an exceptionally cold day in late Spring and every one I found was under the top most layer of the trash piles these things would take refuge in. Now THAT was a great day that I'm pretty sure was real.

But memory is a fickle thing that seems to get ever more fickle the older I get.

My dream involved being bitten, multiple times, by Mojo. She even was attacking the cat, who isn't allowed near her at all. I think mine is left over before I got to know her when I was still afraid of snakes, Mojo hasn't had the slightest interest in putting me in my place...yet.

I got a good dose last night of how dreams are when you are up looking at corn snake photos late in to the night.

I was trying to do some research on cinders, I wonder why they have more saddles than other mutations.

And I woke up in the middle of the night with the word cinder going through my mind and flashes of cinder pictures in my dreams.

haha maybe i should go back to reading a book before bed

Back