• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Eggs Suffering

Addie

A couple months ago, I mated my snakes, but the female showed no signs of being gravid, so I gave up. On June 20, 2021, however, I went to feed my female and saw that she had laid eggs. I am not sure how long the eggs had been there before I found them, but they were fairly small, shaped strangely, and folded in when I did finally find them. I put the eggs in damp moss and left them, but today, when I checked on them, they were partially yellow, still folded in, squishy to the touch, and bit of blue mold were on some of the eggs. I tried taking the dampness down, is there anything else I should do? Should I give up on these eggs entirely? Please advice, pictures on the way.

If you have already seen good eggs in the past, I think you know that based on what you have described, you are just dealing with slugs in that "clutch".

But just in case, one test I had found helpful in the past with questionable eggs was to spray them lightly with water. Good eggs will absorb the water, bad eggs will just stay looking wet. At least that had been my experience.

Back