• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Hiss?

ChiliCat

What exactly does a corn snake hiss sound like?

I have a baby corn that makes this funny litle squeak/sneezing sound when ever I handle her or she catches me changing her water. She only does it those times, so I'm not concerned about it being RI or anything like that as she doesn't do it unless I'm involved and she doesn't show any other symptoms.

So is that a hiss?

It sounds so weird...

Can't really answer your question, but I could have sworn my guy was hissing the other night, but he was crawling over my shoulder, so I couldn't see his face... but sure sounded like a hiss :)

the only time I've heard any of mine "hiss" is when they strike...and it's actually like a "spit", a little quick burst of air.

My guys wasn't prepared to strike, but he wasn't happy that I wouldn't let him down on the floor to race away. I'm in an older place and I'm not convinced it's snake proof. I'm sure my neighbor would just love it if a big corn appear in her flower displays :rolleyes: :D

ive never heard my snake his, he's far too mature for all that lark. But he whispers his lil secrects to me sometimes, ok i know im going mad no need to point it out!

Severus hissed right as I was putting him back in his viv after his first handling. It sounded like a hiss. It wasn't squeaky, it was hissy.

Back