• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake is never out during the day time

ozymandias

I've seen lots of other pictures of corns that are laying about thier vivarium during the day.

i've had mine for a year and its only out during the night or cautiously out during late evening-ish time, any help would be great.

Thanks

My corn never comes out...not that I can see! She has just been recently poking her head out of her hide at night...I'm not sure if that's a new behavior since I just moved and she's taking a look at her new surroundings or if I've just been spending more time in the same room and just spy her more often.

So yah...your corn is just snoozing all day :)

only see mine pop heads out of flower pot hides during the day. they either poke a head out from the lil hole i put in the side, or do like a submarine and go through the bottom hole thats in all flower pots and look around like a perascope ( i know thats spelled wrong). only time i see mine out during the day is for water after a meal, or when they smell rodents defrosting you can get one cruising their cage "hunting". i know what you mean though, a shop near me has a bunch of corns on display, the cages have plenty of hides but the snakes always seem to be out. and i always wondered why.

I guess the boy and I have a weird corn. About once or twice a week he can be seen stretched out over the tank, as if he's trying to measure his growth. besides that, he's usually tunneling like a worm or in his plants.

Mine was out during the day all the time when I first got him - he never hid. This was one of the reasons he caught my eye at the pet store that fateful day, because he was "so curious and friendly" he was the only one not hiding under something.

Directly after his second feeding after coming home he became terribly sick and I (and the vet) thought I was going to lose him. He recovered slowly, and I noticed that he was almost never out during the day anymore and I thought that this was part of his illness. I talked to snake experts by phone from local zoos and labs (before I found this board) and they said they would casually keep an eye on corn snakes who are constantly in the daytime, since the tunneling and hiding behavior was in general more "normal". Not to say that coming out in the daytime means they're ill, but if the snake was never hiding or tunneling he might have something negative going on inside.

All of that long story is just to say that I am now very happy when he does the periscope now and then but keeps his above-bedding exploring to the early morning or late evening. :)

Back