• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

corn snake

reptilesbreeders101

any reptiles you want,ask
what is the actully gene of normal corn snake .... and snow corn , i ve been told ...

aa aa ana ana H+ hh M+ mm for snow
Ch+ chc D+ dd M+ mm for normal ... is that right

and i ve been told that snow are a type and b type but i cannot seem to figure out what i m gonna get for my offspring ... i ready certain books .... and i know what to do , i just dont really know exactly gene is for these two snakes .... the rest i know ...

LOL wut?

The exact genes are whatever you want to call them.

If you want to label the anerythristic gene as 'X' you can. If you want to label it was ABFTHDFGH you can. It doesn't matter and there is no right and wrong.

A normal corn snake het for nothing can just be labeled as NN.

A snow corn can be labeled as: bbaa, where b is anerythristic and a is amelanism. You can swap letters in and out but it's all still the same.

Are you trying to say that your snow corn is homozygous for both anerythrism and charcoal, the two forms of anery? It seems to be that's what you're trying to say, but I doubt that. I don't think there are all that many snakes out there that are homo for both. I'm sure plenty exist, I'm just not sure in that great of numbers.

For arguments sake, just assume the snake is homozygous for anery a and amel. If so, it will be like what I said.

reptilesbreeders101 said:
what is the actully gene of normal corn snake .... and snow corn , i ve been told ...

aa aa ana ana H+ hh M+ mm for snow
Ch+ chc D+ dd M+ mm for normal ... is that right

and i ve been told that snow are a type and b type but i cannot seem to figure out what i m gonna get for my offspring ... i ready certain books .... and i know what to do , i just dont really know exactly gene is for these two snakes .... the rest i know ...
Those are not the genotypes of all snows or all normals, but they are the genotypes of a snow and a normal. They look familiar so I'm guessing you saw them on cccorns.com.

There are literally thousands of different genotypes that all correspond to normal. The one thing they all have in common right now is that they have at least one "+" allele at each locus. So a normal is the following, where the ? could be any gene:
A<sup>+</sup>·A<sup>?</sup> , H<sup>+</sup>·H<sup>?</sup> , S<sup>+</sup>·S<sup>?</sup> , V<sup>+</sup>·V<sup>?</sup> , An<sup>+</sup>·An<sup>?</sup> , Ch<sup>+</sup>·Ch<sup>?</sup> , Ca<sup>+</sup>·Ca<sup>?</sup> , L<sup>+</sup>·L<sup>?</sup> , M<sup>+</sup>·M<sup>?</sup> , D<sup>+</sup>·D<sup>?</sup>

There are literally thousands of different genotypes that all correspond to snow, too. A snow would be the following:
a<sup>a</sup>·a<sup>a</sup> , H<sup>+</sup>·H<sup>?</sup> , S<sup>+</sup>·S<sup>?</sup> , V<sup>+</sup>·V<sup>?</sup> , an<sup>a</sup>·an<sup>a</sup> , Ch<sup>+</sup>·Ch<sup>?</sup> , Ca<sup>+</sup>·Ca<sup>?</sup> , L<sup>+</sup>·L<sup>?</sup> , M<sup>+</sup>·M<sup>?</sup> , D<sup>+</sup>·D<sup>?</sup>

As to the ones you quoted above:
a<sup>a</sup>·a<sup>a</sup>, an<sup>a</sup>·an<sup>a</sup>, H<sup>+</sup>·h<sup>h</sup>, M<sup>+</sup>·m<sup>m</sup>
is Snow het hypo motley (Pinky's genotype)

Ch<sup>+</sup>·ch<sup>c</sup>, D<sup>+</sup>·D<sup>D</sup>, M<sup>+</sup>·m<sup>m</sup>
is normal het for charcoal diffused motley, which is the genotype of Coop, Remer, Squeak, Jenna, and Victoria.

If you're talking about crossing a snow that isn't het for anything to a normal that isn't het for anything, that would be:
a<sup>a</sup>·a<sup>a</sup>, an<sup>a</sup>·an<sup>a</sup>
X
A<sup>+</sup>·A<sup>+</sup>, An<sup>+</sup>·An<sup>+</sup>

(As Joe said, use whatever symbols you like when you are working out the problems.)

Back