• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornflake the corn snake

gertrude

Hi,
I thought I would share a picture of my corn with you. I have had her (at least I think it's a she) for about 6 weeks and she is getting quite big.
I'm off to a reptile fair in a couple of weeks and i'm hoping to get another corn that will eventually breed with cornflake.cornflake.jpg

Hi. Check out the Mid-Atlantic forum for more locals. I just moved to Balitmore from VA and am fairly firmilar with Norfolk area. What show are you going to?

As far as breeding goes...looks like your snake is a normal. Without any knowledge of hidden hets, chances are anything you buy to breed her with would result in more normals. That is not a bad thing persay...but they are not highly desired and it will be hard to find great homes for all the babies.
Enjoy your pet as a pet...not as a breeder is my suggestion.

My partner used to breed corn snakes a few years ago but cornflake is my first snake. I was just looking to enjoy her as a pet rather than try to hard at the breeding but i thought it would be nice to get a male and see what happens.

My parter has caught the bug again to he is keeping an eye open for corns that catch his eye to breed. He likes the blood reds and the snows.

I think a snow (let me guess-'snow flake'?) would be a good idea since amel and anery are common hets which cornflake might be carrying, meaning interesting babies. Maybe a snow stripe or snow motley would be interesting or het bloodred since those things could also be het in cornflake. Basically my idea would be to get as many common genes in the male as poss to test her out!

Back