• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corns Vs Ball Pythons

BrandNew

OK i did it. After Looking up a search for it and found nothing!.... i decided that i want to know i mean i know most here are proably gonna say corns but i wanna hear anyway after seeing this i fell in love so what are your thoughts pros cons of these snakes. And if your a Corn lover pros and cons of them too.
and try to relate it to beginer snake owners like me!.:bounce::fullauto::headbang::noevil::grabbit::bowdown:

Attachments

• Panda pied.jpg
    Panda pied.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 33
cornsnakes are better for a beginner... they are hardier, less specific when it comes to caring and breeding, and are much more effordable if you compare the prices of morphs(high end cornsnakes peak at around 1000-1500$, ball pythons can get far far far higher than that).
Ball pythons are a deal less active, and are prone to long periods of not eating...

All in all, ball pythons aren't that difficult to keep either, just more specific and IMHO less interesting.

That is a lovely pic of a Panda Piebald!

Oren is right, the ball python morphs can easily get in the thousands of dollars. The snake you have pictured was sold for $18,000. One reason the prices high is because the clutches are so much smaller than corn snake clutches, there are other factors, but that's a big one.

As far as being easy or difficult to keep, they are not much harder than corn snakes. They just need higher and more steady temps so that can be a challenge. Ball pythons also do tend to have feeding issues. One of my males never missed a meal, but the other male and female are much more stubborn. All of my corn snakes will eat anytime, anywhere.

The colors are also really different. In corn snakes you get much brighter and vibrant animals. Ball python colors seem to vary less, you won't find a solid red, orange and yellow ball. What you will find are varying colors from yellows, browns, blacks up to white. IMO the piebald and all the piebald mixes are the most beautiful snakes hands down. The albino piebald "Dreamsicle" is my favorite by far. They have plenty of morph variation, it's just different from corn snakes.

Here is my fav BP morph site: http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/

Personality wise they are pretty similar. 1 of my ball pythons is much more active than my corn snakes. The other 2 are middle of the road on activity. My largest female ball python is actually named "Kitty" because she wants to be on my lap all the time. She begs to get out of her tub and will ride around on my shoulders for hours. I swear one day she is going to purr. I also have a corn snake that's a lot like her.

As far as which I better my vote is a 50/50 split. I lean more towards the ball pythons from a breeding stand point because the babies are so freaking adorable. Big goofy peanut heads and they are less wiggly than a pile of baby corn snakes.

I agree with what everyone else said here. I'd probably not reccomend a ball python to a true beginner because they will go off feed if certain details of their requirement are not met. Corns and kings are a lot hardier and more "generalistic." Both traits make them ideal for newbs.

That being said, ball pythons make really good intermediate snakes... step ups into the world of interesting boids. Like someone pointed out... glancing through a BP catalog you'll see lots of pretty morphs, many of which cost thousands of dollars. Unless you have a good sized trust fund, that panda pied is out of reach!

Back