• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake morph. What's mine?

Christoffer90

Hi all.
I'm new to this hobby and getting my first corn next weekend. (Juvenile)
I've all ready recieved a picture of my snake on my cellphone and he looks like he is a mix of brown/grey/black for the main body, with a white/grey stripe going from his head to his tailtip about. I just wonder if any of you guys could help me decide what morph he is? (The seller was not sure of it, either).

I would really like to know what morph my snake is, but when I google cornsnake morphs, then I can find anything like him!
Please help.

- Chris. :sidestep:

I do not know from your description, but I really have to ask.....
why are you buying your new pet from someone who does not even know what they are selling???

There are literally dozens of fantastic breeders on this site who can not only tell you what morph they are selling, but can tell you what sex it is, and provide complete feeding and shedding records and send you pictures of the parents so you know what the baby will most likely end up looking like.......

I do not know from your description, but I really have to ask.....
why are you buying your new pet from someone who does not even know what they are selling???

There are literally dozens of fantastic breeders on this site who can not only tell you what morph they are selling, but can tell you what sex it is, and provide complete feeding and shedding records and send you pictures of the parents so you know what the baby will most likely end up looking like.......

Because I am from a country where snakes in captivity is illegal.
The picture I got is really dark and his other snakes are lavendel.
It got the same pattern on the head as the other cornsnakes I've seen does, so Im pretty sure he is a corn.

Snakes in captivity is illegal??? I couldn't stand it! Do you have to keep it super-secret, or is it more of an unenforced law? Anyway, I have no guess...Anery or ghost stripe, maybe? Normal stripe? Look at the website Ian's Vivarium, for stripes, but even then it will be difficult because they change so much from hatchling to adult.

If they are illegal in your country, why are you trying to get one? How will you buy food for it, once you get one? Surely in a country where captive snakes are illegal, someone would notice the large amount of mice, live or frozen, you are buying. Plus if you get caught, that's it. Snake gone. The money and work you put into it are POOF gone away. I think Gila Monsters are pretty neat looking but they're illegal to keep. Does that mean I go out looking for some shady breeder to buy one in secret? No, I enjoy them from pictures and zoos.

If they are illegal in your country, why are you trying to get one? How will you buy food for it, once you get one? Surely in a country where captive snakes are illegal, someone would notice the large amount of mice, live or frozen, you are buying. Plus if you get caught, that's it. Snake gone. The money and work you put into it are POOF gone away. I think Gila Monsters are pretty neat looking but they're illegal to keep. Does that mean I go out looking for some shady breeder to buy one in secret? No, I enjoy them from pictures and zoos.

In my country snakes and other reptiles are illegal, but we got some stores who sell frozen mice, rats etc. for reptile keepers. And we can buy all the vivarium stuff and reptile/herptile stuff we need form our reptileshops. The only thing that you cant get in these shops are the animals. We got alot of breeders in my country, but they live far up north most of them and I live in the middle of the city, so. Its no problem keeping reptiles, its not a very big deal. It's worse if you import the animals over the border. My snake is bred in my country, so.

Snakes in captivity is illegal??? I couldn't stand it! Do you have to keep it super-secret, or is it more of an unenforced law? Anyway, I have no guess...Anery or ghost stripe, maybe? Normal stripe? Look at the website Ian's Vivarium, for stripes, but even then it will be difficult because they change so much from hatchling to adult.

He looks a little like if he was Kisatchie with Anery stripe.. If you catch my drift?

And just for the record. I did not buy the snake from a shady breeder. I bought it from a guy that was thinking about getting a corn (This guy got like 6 or 7 Boa's and Python's) but he lost interess for it. So he wanted to sell it again. Now I'm going to give the snake a good home for the rest of it's life. And when I say its against the law, I dont mean It's a huge crime!
Sometimes they even let you keep the pet. Its just the goverment of ours that is totaly out of control when it comes to exotic pets. :madeuce:

Back