• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CornSnakes Forum on Tapatalk!!! Thank you, Rich!!!!!

Nanci

Alien Lover
I think this would be of huge benefit for the many of us who browse the forum on our iPhones. I ran across it while I was at my eye doctor today, browsing an iPhone forum. I downloaded it just for fun, and it is amazing! So simple to use. It provides super-easy access to forums compared to any of the browsers that can be used on the iPhone.

I already checked- it's compatible with our version of v-bulletin. The info I can find says you don't have to install anything to v-bulletin, just enable it.

There is a forum about it, with a special section for forum owners.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Can we please please please please please get this??? I will do any amount of research into it that you need! There are already over 10,000 forums that use it, including many I am a member of. (But not this one, and CS is the one that counts!!!)

Here is the promotional info from the site:

Tapatalk for iPhone

Tapatalk for iPhone provides full forum access on iPhone including ability to check private messages, upload photos from your camera and ability to search forum, etc. All with super-fast direct forum access at only $2.99.

Tapatalk for iPhone was released on July 2009 with over 30 updates until now. It is currently ranked as Top 10 Social Networking app in Apple app store in United States, England, German, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Canada and in many other countries.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Last edited:
I found this yesterday while looking up ball-pythons.net because they use this app. Its great! I was just thinking this yesterday it would be great if CS had it! Too bad the app itself is $2.99.

RFUK has it. TiPb has it (the nice iPhone forum). The gecko forum I joined but never read has it. Pangea or whatever it is. Tons of reptile forums, not to mention everything else. I was hoping Lori's fish forum was on there, so she could tell what it was like from an owner's POV, but there were 125 fish forums, and I didn't know the name.

I have no say in the matter as I don't even own a cell phone and have no use for one 360 days/year.

It's not about the phone! I think I used 30 minutes or something last month. And that was a lot. But I like my Internet access everywhere, 24 hours a day!! And as soon as I'm eligible for an upgrade, I'm getting an iPhone 4, or maybe even 5. The camera is just incredible!! And I have 275 apps on it. It is SO useful. If only there was a Degei app, it would be a perfect world...

Take PayPal, for instance. At a recent Repticon, I purchased frozen mice, paid the vendor using the PayPal app in my phone, had the e-mail receipt right there for him to see. VERY soon you will be able to deposit a check by taking a photograph of it. After reptile shows we can use the phone to find out what restaurants are near by. At Daytona, I used it to call in my snake advisors for second opinions on an imminent purchase, by texting. If I'm out, doing something, and find a snake, it can be on my Facebook page in seconds!

I play Words With Friends with friends from CS.com, all day! It's a cool way to keep in touch.

I guess I'm just a super-gadget lover, and the iPhone is my wildest dream come true.

I got to admit this forum works wonderfully and any issues we had in the past were solved pretty fast. :cheers:

i use it for a Ford Focus forum, ball-pythons.net has it (which i'm sad to say probably makes me spend more time over there than on here...lol), and one for photography as well. if i visit a forum through the browser that has Tapatalk enabled it pops up and tells me.

i've never had any problems whatsoever. i thought since it already comes with vBulletin it would be as simple as like, pushing a big red ENABLE button LOL

but that's just me and my small, simple mind :p

Any update on this? Any chance you could add it when you upgrade to the latest version vB? Should be easy with the greatest programmer in the world.

It's the wave of the future...

Although the iPhone and iPad do great with this forum in Safari, too.

Wave of the future or not, if I were to implement this, then you would all be on your own. I don't use those things to connect to the internet, so I would not be able to troubleshoot, much less see, any problems that resulted from using any mobile device.

As for updating vBulletin, I put that off till there are enough new functions to warrant the expense of upgrading. Custom coding done in the old system normally have to be completely rewritten from scratch in the new system. So I don't take upgrades lightly. Not to mention that normally you wind up trading old bugs that already have work-arounds to NEW bugs that are more easily exploitable by hackers.

Guess I have just gotten set in my ways, but quite honestly I can't comprehend how anyone can see anything on an average website in those little mobile screens anyway. I guess this new generation is going to eventually wind up being called the "squinty generation".... :grin01:

Rich - my point is that I am away from home in PA with a weak signal. Loading your full site is difficult as is viewing it. Tapatalk makes it easier for people stuck using their cell phones or tablets to still participate in the discussions.

It does not require alot of work to implement and I speak from experience with vB. Fauna could use it also.

Tapatalk is known for bringing additional traffic to forum sites and increasing ad revenues. Please take another look.

Thanks.

I'll run this by my programmer again to see how he is handling this issue with his other clients. But again I have to stress that if this is implemented, you will all be on your own concerning any problems with it. I will not be able to help you if it does not work properly for you. I certainly am not going to get one of these mobile devices just so I can troubleshoot a problem.

And I'll be quite honest about it, I really have no desire to be so "connected" when I am away from home. Heck, I don't even turn on my cell phone unless I am specifically expecting a call from some one.

Yeah, I know, I'm a dinosaur. :laugh:

Back