• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

cornsnakes

eating

• i like it

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • top notch

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
i wouldnt

reccomend it :p stick with mice im no pro but ive never heard of if so F/T mice is best!

I've never tried it either, but I have heard that they will take them if they still smell like the bird.

It makes sense if you think about it. They are found frequently climbing trees and the only reason I can think of for them climbing a tree is to get at birds or bird eggs.

However, I've heard that when fed eggs (or even birds) their feces are much runnier/smellier than when fed rodents, so that in-itself could be a reason to not feed them eggs.

I'd stick with mice and rats.

As for the bedding.

Well I have used aspen, news paper, and paper towel before.
From my experience I think that aspen is the best substrate that you can use.
It's a bit more costly compared to the others but then the smell does lower a bit. So I like it a lot more. Plus poop, water spill, and other stuff could be absorbed by the aspen and it's easier to clean up. So I would recommand using aspen

I am trying out a new bedding right now.
It's called alpha chips and the other one is called beta chips.

These two chips are just basically hard wood shaved into little pieces. The alpha chip is a lot lighter and flaker and clumps up a lot better. The beta chips is heavier, no dust and it does stain the water bowl if any where to get into the water bowl. But from right now I like the beta chips more than the alpha chips...I don't like dust...and I think that they're better and cheaper than the aspen~~

Simon, do you have the brand/company name for the alpha and beta chips you are currently using. I also prefer using aspen, but don't like the dust that goes along with it. I do not want to use paper, so I put up with the dust. If there were an alternative, I'd be all for trying it out myself.

D80

ive never seen this on the site before but this i use this substrate that is dried out sweetcorn previous(apparently it is snake friendly because if eaten by a corn it can be digested) to this it was newspaper they are happy as Larry and i would stick with frozen mice hun.

Attachments

• homesweethome.jpg
    homesweethome.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 119
D80,

Well the brand on the alpha and beta chips that I get are from Napco. The same brand where I get the aspen beddings.

I know that there should be a better one down at teh states call the aspen chips. They don't carry them here in Canada so maybe you can try those aspen chips if you can find them in your area.

If not try those alpha and or beta chips. They are good~~

I heard that the beddings made from dried corn/corn cob actually do cause gut blocking/impaction if ingested as it isnt easily digested as is claimed. I dont know from experience and Ive never seen the stuff on sale in the UK, but Im sure I read it somewhere.

Back