• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

correct?

red_dragon

f1:
Female is : Amel Stripe
Male is : Amel Caramel
Offspring is predicted :
1/1 Amel, het. Stripe, het. Caramel

f2: (jong, op de moeder)
Female is : Amel het. Stripe het. Caramel
Male is : Amel Caramel
Offspring is predicted :
1/4 Amel, het. Stripe, het. Caramel
1/4 Amel, Caramel, het. Stripe
1/4 Amel, Caramel
1/4 Amel, het. Caramel

f3:(jongen op elkaar)
Female is : Amel Caramel het. Stripe
Male is : Amel Caramel het. Stripe
Offspring is predicted :
1/4 Amel, Stripe, Caramel
1/2 Amel, Caramel, het. Stripe
1/4 Amel, Caramel

I think this is a good example why I used the poss.het. notation in my program.
What you wrote is correct - but you can't neither distingush the Amel Caramel het. Stripe from the Amel Caramel - nor the Amel het. Caramel het. Stripe from the Amel het. Caramel.

A better output for your F2 would be:
1/2 Amelanistic het.Caramel 50%poss.het. Stripe
1/2 Amelanistic Caramel 50%poss.het. Stripe

So, you have to think, that when you pick out 2 Butters of that clutch - the Chance that you have 2 that are het. for Stripe are 25%.

You have to think of this in the F3 calculations!!
So your REAL chances for Butterstripe in the F3 aren't 1/4 but they are only 1/16!!!

I forgot, it would be better to use only the Amel het. Caramel, Stripe cause you have a chance of 1/16 for Butterstripe which is the same like in your version, but you can have them in the F2 Generation and not in the F3!

Menhir said:
I think this is a good example why I used the poss.het. notation in my program.
What you wrote is correct - but you can't neither distingush the Amel Caramel het. Stripe from the Amel Caramel - nor the Amel het. Caramel het. Stripe from the Amel het. Caramel.

A better output for your F2 would be:
1/2 Amelanistic het.Caramel 50%poss.het. Stripe
1/2 Amelanistic Caramel 50%poss.het. Stripe

So, you have to think, that when you pick out 2 Butters of that clutch - the Chance that you have 2 that are het. for Stripe are 25%.

You have to think of this in the F3 calculations!!
So your REAL chances for Butterstripe in the F3 aren't 1/4 but they are only 1/16!!!

thank you, i thought id be a little bit weird if they would be 1000 dollar a piece if it was so easy to get...:D

Read my second posting - you made it harder as it is...
You have a Butter and an Amel Stripe which is a good pair to start. Simply keep all of the F1 Generation and breed them together!!! You have 1/16 each clutch.
I don't know why you wanted to cross in a Butter again...

Menhir said:
Read my second posting - you made it harder as it is...
You have a Butter and an Amel Stripe which is a good pair to start. Simply keep all of the F1 Generation and breed them together!!! You have 1/16 each clutch.
I don't know why you wanted to cross in a Butter again...

gee, so only amel stripe X butter, youngs to each other makes 1/16 butter stripe? im defanitely going to keep 2 couples hehe

Although you are from the netherlands, you can feel free to test the non netherlandish product (Online calculator) and type in Amel het. Caramel & Stripe x Amel het. Caramel & Stripe.
Then simply watch the results :p

Back