• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Couple of Corn Pairs

kenster

Sorry about the photo quality, was in a hurry and the battery was dead...

First off are Spot (Amel Motley) X Dot (Anery Motley). Babies will be normal motleys het snow, and amel motleys het anery
06march.jpg

Up next is Blackie (Snow Motley/stripe) X Stacey (poss het many things). Babies will depend on if Stacey is het motley, if not there will be amles, anerys, snows.
06march1.jpg

06march2.jpg

Next is Raider (Anery A Bloodred) X Denver (Anery het bloodred). Babies will be anerys het bloored, as well as anery a bloodreds.
06march3.jpg

Next is Bastage (normal het amel bloodred) X Amy (Amel). Babies will be normal, and amel poss het bloodred
06march4.jpg

06march5.jpg

Next is Norm (het amel, anery a, anery b, bloodred) X Sedona (anery het amel, hypo and poss het a few others) Babies will all depend on the poss hets that Sedona carries, and will all be poss het bloodred.
06march6.jpg

06march7.jpg

06march8.jpg

Wow, Dot is prettier every time I see her. :eek1:

And as Bastage grows up he looks more and more like his personality, eh? :grin01: Did you ever prove him out against anery/charcoal? I think he'd make some nice dark pewters if he's het charcoal. :)

Thanks, the anery mot was purchased from Serp. I can't be happier with her!

Serp, Bastage is an evil little guy! He made me bleed while I was putting him with that amel over the weekend. I really do think that you train them all to bite me! I haven't proved him with anything but that amel. Last year she laid 43 eggs and only two of them hatched out. I need a female that is het pewter for him next year...Know of anyone that has something like that laying around??

Wow! It sure looks like you did a lot of work to create that post! Great pictures and explainations of what you hope to produce! I must admit that when I tried to guess what you might get I got a couple wrong.. :(

I really appreciate and love your post!

Rebecca

Why is it when you cross an amel and anery you don't get snows right away?

If one is lacking the gene to make reds and the other the gene to make blacks then how on earth would there be such a mix in this batch? It thought that amel and anery were just simple hets?

Can anyone help me out?

Rebecca

Hurley said:
Nope, but Denver is possible het pewter (known het diffusion, 50% poss het charcoal). ;)

Guess I'll just have to keep Denver for 07 then :grin01:

Rebecca, If the amel was het anery there would be snows that hatch out. They anery is het amel which is why I'll get the amels.

Very nice looking couples! Don't know which is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. They are beautiful. Fun names too!

Heh heh, the usage of "bastage" I'm familiar with is in Johnny Dangerously. There's a whole assortment of hilarious words like that. :)

Back