• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Couple of Queries.

Ocelot

Well I haven't fed my snake in a week and two or three days. What I am wondering is, how long can snakes last without food. I usually feed my snake once every week with two mice. I didn't feed her his weeks yet because she was about to shed. (BTW, you know when a snakes eyes go blue, showing its about to shed, how long after that does it take for it to shed?)

Thanks. ;)

snakes can go a long time without food so don't worry. My male didn't eat for two months during the mating season and he's perfectly healthy.
My snakes usually shed about a week after coming out of the blue (give or take a few days).

hope thats helped you :)

isobel

My male amel hasn't eaten since March 24, and is still plenty fat and sassy. They can go a surprisingly long time without eating.

As for shedding, it varies from snake to snake. Mine usually take a week to 10 days from the start of the process. They usually shed from one to three days after they clear up.

Snakes can go months without food, they are built to conserve every last little piece of nutrition from each meal...

As for shedding, Question: have you tried to feed your snake while in blue? Some will eat, some won't... i have been blessed with monster eaters who will eat whenever and wherever... Maybe try it if you havent, with a smaller prey item even if you are worried about him/her not eating.

Shed cycle usually last about 10 days... after clearing up, mine shed in approx 2-4 days.

Back