• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Couple of questions

aaron118

Hi I’m new here. I have a corn snake of about 3 years. I have had him for over a year as I bought him/her (vet thought it was a male) off a mate who didn't want it any more and wasn't looking after it very well. I bought it a bigger vivarium and a proper heating thermostat. The past year it has grown well (was 5ft when I last measured its skin) and it is very tame. I keep it at about 27c in the day and about 22c at night. I bath him regularly as he we usually do his business in there and I feed him every 10 days. Although he hasn't fed now for over a month (doesn't want his rats). Although I am not worried because he did the same thing this time last year.

Anyway just a few questions, sometimes I hear him do a kind of sneeze (just a quiet one), is that ok. When bathing, he sometimes goes under water, is that ok, I mean will the chlorine in the water hurt his eyes?

Thanks

AAron his/her decline interest in eating this time of year could be due to; well he/she is probably looking for love. My males rarley eat Jan-mid March. As far as sneezing, as long as it is not constant and you see no other signs of a respiratory problem I wouldn't worry. What kind of substrate do you use. Many have dust that can cause problems.
Going underwater won't bother him. As far as chlorine content; if you're drinking and cooking with the same water, I wouldn't worry about it. I stager bottled water with tap. Tap water does have some useful things in it. For instance the chlorine can kill some parasites. Flouride is good for your corn snake as well.

No Title yet

Aaron I could tell you and I were not from the same neighborhood. Good to see folks in other countries enjoy corn snakes. Here in Florida it is always a thrill to catch them.
As far as the substrate, what kind of wood and how dusty is it? :eek1:

Back