• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

covering my bases for a shed

bryansnake

So my snake is gone blue again now. Which I thought was a little fast since she was went blue 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I didn't think she'd shed that quickly still. But her last shed was a bad one, so this time I'm making sure I've got my bases covered. I have her normal, warm hide turned into a humid hide with some moss. she's hiding out there now. and I have the relative humidity in the tank between 60-100%. She's still blue, going between 2 or 4 days now (the rough estimate is because I fed her, and didn't see her for 2 days, and say she was blue when I checked her after the 48 were up. So the shed is gonna come soon. Is there anything else I'm missing that I should do to make sure she sheds right this time?

Hey there, myself, i wud take he moss out of her warm side and make her a humidity box ( from Margerine,butter tub to ice-cream tub depending on size of the snake) so she has the choice of , cool, warm or humid :) the humidity needs to be between 60-70% wot are ur temps inside ur enclosure? :)

she'd never choose the humid one if I gave her the choice. she generally hates all things water. so for the time being she'll have to suffer it out cause I don't want her to have a bad shed again. and the temps are 84 on the heating pad, and 70 on the cool side. the hot side is a little hotter then normal just cause it's a warm day here and the blinds to the room are open.

Back