• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Creamsicle future project...

mobiusreptiles

I have been toying with starting a new creamsicle project. I've been trying to decide what new color traits and pattern morphs would make it worth while? No use re-inventing the wheel. What I would like to achieve is a brighter orane than a standard orange creamsicle and some different patterns as well. I'm assuming what makes a creamsicle a creamsicle is the lack of red pigment in the emory and the amelanisms effect on the color brown making them orange. Any thoughts? Suggestions are welcome!
Here are some of the pairings I was thinking of:
Sunglow Motley X regular emory
Sunglow Motley X chocolate emory
Sunglow Motley X intermontane
Ultramel X any of the three
Golddust X any of the three
Amel Bloodred Hypo X any of the three

Attachments

• cream.jpg
    cream.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 78
ooo, all of those sound cool! Especially an ultramel cream :D Except maybe the golddust? I don't know if I've seen a buttercream before, but it seems like butter would take away the cool orangyness?

Good luck!

Funny if I breed next year I may try an cream x amber they would be het caramelcream, lolor ????

I know a few breeders who have done the buttercreams - caramel creamcicles, and we'll be producing the Ultracreams this year, they should be hatching out sometime in the next week or so.

Striped creams and motley creams have also been done, and they look very nice. We own two 2007 striped creams and they seem far more orange than a non-striped cream. Striped buttercreams might bring out the yellows and oranges even more by adding the caramel into it.

Sunglow has a good chance of adding brightness to the cream color as well, though, you'd want to be sure you picked a sunglow that is more orange in color than red - to increase the chances.

Even if some of your proposed projects have been done, they are worth doing again. Many people are interested in these particular crosses - though others are vocally against hybrids in general.

Don't know if any chocolate emoryi have been crossed into the corns - that could produce some interesting critters. There's also the hypo emoryi, sometimes referred to as ghost emoryi or emoryi ghost.

Two good places to go for info on breeding the emoryi is Kjun (Snakehaven) and BHB Enterprises.

Last edited:
Back