• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Crested Gecko Questions

iloveblastbeatz

So I bought a crested gecko the other day and I have some questions. What does everyone use to keep the humidity up? Right now im using bark blend as substrate and every time I mist the tank it will stay humid enough for a little while but goes down to 45-50 after some time. If the humidity is that low is it very bad for them? I know it will make it harder for them to shed but anything else? Also I'm worried that hes not eating. I have the crested gecko diet and soon I'm going to try to put some one his mouth and have him lick it off but what if he ends up not eating it at all? Go to crickets? Thank you in advance for any advice/help...

Actually their humidity requirements call for dry times to help them shed and too humid causes big shedding problems and respiratory infections so just mist twice a day and allow a dry period during the day. The bark chips are fine if your not feeding live insects on them, but otherwise papertowels are the way to go geckos can swallow substrate while hunting and die. All new gecko owners swear their gecko is not eating, but leave them alone for the first two weeks and just provide the food- they will eat, but eat very little to begin with. Crickets should only be fed once a week 3-5 crix at that time, but no more they need the CGD as their main staple. They tend to like the diet thicker so allow it to stay in the cage for 2-3 days at a time instead of changing it everyday and you will notice them eating more. Please do not hand feed it is stressful sometimes when they are new and you are jamming your scary hands in their face- just relax, provide the diet, and walk away. I suggest you going to www.forumsrepashy.com it is a crested gecko forum and the best around. They have a search function that can answer all these questions and more plus you can meet other crested lovers and ask anything you want- Goodluck:)

Back