• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Crimson Corn??

I bought this corn as a hatchling, she has always had the high white on her. I was guessing that she looks like a crimson corn. Any ideas??

Her name is Vitani, she escaped one night after I fed her (forgot to put the locks back on her cage) She was gone for a month and a half when one night my son said to me, "Mama, why is there a snake coming out of the ceiling?" Sure enough, I look up and she is crawling out in between a gap in the trim, I jumped up and tore the piece of trim off, but she had managed to crawl back in the gap in between the wall and the ceiling above my bed. So later that night at around 2 in the morning the cats were going crazy so I knew she had emerged. I jumped up and she was curled around the trim, so I grabbed her real quick, she bit me, but at least she was found! It took her another couple weeks before she would eat from the ordeal, but now she is back to normal!

Attachments

• vitani 2.jpg
    vitani 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 65
  • vitani.jpg
    vitani.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 65
Wow, what a story! Glad you got her back safe and sound, what a relief! She's quite pretty! How 'bout maybe she's a Miami phase? That's just what popped into my mind right away when I saw her. But I'm still new at this.

I though that at first too, but a lot of the hatchling miamis that I have seen from reputable breeders have seemed to have more of a grayish tint the the white, whereas hers seems to be more of a peachy white tone... I'm not sure though either, I have read several genetics books and all of the love books, but I truly believe the best way to learn is from experience! I was going to try to breed her with my Amel Motley, to prove any hets and possibly produce some Candy canes because of her high white.

A miami of good lineage will look just like that. Nice white background, crimson saddles, and beautiful black borders. Not a crimson, but it is definitely a miami-type.

Back