• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Curiosity killed the cat!

Fordie

My baby amber has recently decided that she isnt going to hide away all the time and now everytime i am at my computer she comes out to have a nosey at what is going on. Only thing is, she gets a good old look from the top of the branch in her cage, and when i start moving the mouse around she cant help but poke her head out as far as possible. This is funny to watch coz she eventually winds up falling from her branch lol. She keeps doing this over and over and just does not seem to learn! Its good stuff to take ur mind off boring computer work! Ive put a couple pics in of her on her branch but none of her belly up after falling yet. lol

Attachments

• DSC00162_Small.JPG
    DSC00162_Small.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00163_Small.JPG
    DSC00163_Small.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 270
Why encourage the snake to fall? Corns are hardy but constant falling, bumbing and bashing itself can only have bad concequenses :shrugs:

She falls about 5cm max. Its not likely to hurt itself, nor am i encouraging it. I could always ask her nicely to stop being so curious i suppose? lol.
This is how far she falls, but i will try carefull negotiations! :shrugs:

Attachments

• DSC00168_Small.JPG
    DSC00168_Small.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 263
Tula_Montage said:
Why encourage the snake to fall? Corns are hardy but constant falling, bumbing and bashing itself can only have bad concequenses :shrugs:

How is Fordie encouraging the snake to fall? All he says was the snake is attracted to the movement of his mouse...I doubt his computer would be very functional if he never touched his mouse :rolleyes:

Fordie said:
My baby amber has recently decided that she isnt going to hide away all the time and now everytime i am at my computer she comes out to have a nosey at what is going on. Only thing is, she gets a good old look from the top of the branch in her cage, and when i start moving the mouse around she cant help but poke her head out as far as possible. This is funny to watch coz she eventually winds up falling from her branch lol. She keeps doing this over and over and just does not seem to learn! Its good stuff to take ur mind off boring computer work! Ive put a couple pics in of her on her branch but none of her belly up after falling yet. lol

Lol, that is funny. Corns do some pretty cute things sometimes. It's good that your baby is becoming less frightened, as well. I'm still waiting for my boy to realise that I am not going to eat him - he freezes whenever I walk in to the room, and quickly disappears from sight! ;)

Snakes are snakes. Yours will be fine. She can always crawl down and check things out from below if it's distressing to fall too far. Obviously it's not a problem for her and BTW...she's very pretty!

Thankyou

i think shes maybe learned, she just looks now, from her branch, and doesnt try to get any closer by sticking her head out. Hurray! lol.
Thanks for the compliment! Haha, shes just climbed her branch again to have a looksy, think ill get her out n show her......."The Mouse" lol

My corns fall all the time! Skizzard falls from his tree and from the lid. Occasionally he even plops into the water bowl....oops! Even my 200g Amel still tries to squeeeeeeze into the lid lip of his 20L viv. Don't worry about falling, its not like their falling 10ft. or something.

Hunter falls over a foot probably 100 times a day, hes yet to hurt himself, just needs to learn that he can't fly. Climbs up his plants and tries to get to the middle of the viv lid... rigghhhtt... THUNK! All night *rustling leaves of plants* *THUNK* *rustling leaves of plants* *THUNK* etc etc for hours LOL. :shrugs:

Gintha said:
Hunter falls over a foot probably 100 times a day, hes yet to hurt himself, just needs to learn that he can't fly. Climbs up his plants and tries to get to the middle of the viv lid... rigghhhtt... THUNK! All night *rustling leaves of plants* *THUNK* *rustling leaves of plants* *THUNK* etc etc for hours LOL. :shrugs:
:laugh01:
excellent... thanks for the laugh

Gintha said:

That sounds worse than hampsters :grin01: :crazy02:

Back