• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daniel (DUW)

Daeraelle

Feeding day is scheduled for tomorrow night. Everybody is going to get fed at the same time tomorrow because Sunday is the show and I want to get everyone on a similar feeding day for size/age. Daniel just didn't want to wait. He's always watching every move we make in the kitchen, peering out to see what we're doing. We slide open his tub in the rack and he comes out and says hello. Well, tonight my dad was over and I'd been out drinking. I opened Daniel's tub because he was staring at us rather intently. I held out my hand to let him crawl on (like normal) instead before I knew it he was coiled around my wrist and was attempting to eat my thumb. Thanks Daniel. I've had one hatchling strike at me, but this was my first "I'M HUNGRY! FEED ME NOW!!!" bite. In typical Daniel fashion, he does all kinds of things, and he'll do them for hours, but as soon as he sees the camera... show is over. So of course, he was eating my thumb for 5 minutes in the kitchen, I ran upstairs, got the camera, came back down and as soon as it was turned on, he lets go of me, like magic.

Aftermath
snakebite1.jpg

Admiring his work
snakebite2.jpg

Thinking about trying again
snakebite3.jpg

I just like this one, probably the SoCo talking
snakebite4.jpg

Trying to find the end of my thumb
snakebite5.jpg

Staring at me menacingly wondering what's taking me so long to prepare his meal
snakebite6.jpg

Checking out another finger for taste
snakebite7.jpg

YES! 10 minutes of constriction and my food is done!
snakebite8.jpg

If this ratlet was alive it looks like it would be doing spirit fingers
snakebite9.jpg

Ratlet number two
snakebite10.jpg

Loosening his grip over ratlet number three
snakebite11.jpg

Pretty belly
snakebite12.jpg

Finishing rat number three
snakebite13.jpg

Finally let go of my hand and went back into his tub
snakebite14.jpg

Top of my thumb
snakebite15.jpg

Bottom of my thumb
snakebite16.jpg

I'm almost glad I was drunk. I didn't jerk, or scream, or shake him off. I was just standing there for a minute trying to absorb the fact my snake is trying to eat me. Then my next thought was the camera. Sober I would have been having a panic attack trying to get him off of me, lol. At least now I know I have nothing to be scared of, I didn't feel a thing. I think I might better check him for alcohol posioning, I'm pretty sure he injested some of my blood, and the BAC level was probably really high. Poor guy. All he wanted was a mouse.

He didn't loosen his grip at all until he ate. He just kept on constricting me for a LONG time. Everytime one of my fingers would twitch he'd tighten up, lol. Other than this he's been one of the most laid back snakes I've owned. :shrugs:

Happend to me once, but the snake didnt let go.... started working its way down my finger and getting ready to start taking my finger in :O but then my m8 help'd me get slinky off... :)

Ollie

I did say that Daniel would eat anything, but I really need to take yourself off the menu! And he has always been one of those camera-shy corns. I'm sorry that he got a bit aggressive wanting his dinner, but at least you have proof that he has a great feeding response! You just reminded me why I always use a pair of tongs to feed all my adults.

I wasn't planning on feeding him until the next night, lol. I just couldn't get him to stop constricting me. He didn't strike at me, he just kind of opened his mouth and inserted my thumb, lol. He let go of me pretty fast, but he kept on constricting me for about half an hour, so I thawed him out some rat babies. He didn't let down his guard on squeezing my arm to death until he got the third rat in his mouth, lol. He just didn't want to wait until Saturday like everybody else. He's the same old sweet guy now. I still can't for the life of me catch any of the little cute things he does on camera. He automatically stops doing them when he sees it. He must be scared of the flash. :shrugs:

I probably could have gotten him off easily, but I was intoxicated, and I didn't want to pull on him too hard and hurt him. So I figured he wasn't going to stop "killing" me until he got something to eat. So I had to stand there with my hand having been purple for 15 minutes waiting for the ratlets to thaw out. Who knew a corn could have such a strong grip?

I didn't have any luck with Petra yet. I decided two tricks at once couldn't be bad, so she got a live pink with chicken broth cologne. No interest. I have LOADS of frogs and lizards outside. I figure one day I can get the three little boys next door to catch me some to keep in the freezer so I can try to scent pinks with them. Maybe that will do the trick.

Back