• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Day 62

richm2778

Losing my mind. One seems to be a bot deflated, and another seems to have ruptured, but no little noses yet. The remaining 4 eggs are totally unchanged. I tried to candle them while they are in the substrate, but they still have veins and big dark spots that I assume are the pippies...

Losing my mind....

Losing my mind. One seems to be a bot deflated, and another seems to have ruptured, but no little noses yet. The remaining 4 eggs are totally unchanged. I tried to candle them while they are in the substrate, but they still have veins and big dark spots that I assume are the pippies...

Losing my mind....
do not feel bad my friend, for it is day 62 for two clutches of mine here. this evening after work, i opened my containers and moved aside the moss and saw this.......
DSCN3691.jpg

BUT THEN, I opened the other container and the second clutch looked like this.........
DSCN3692.jpg

SO, lets say hello to day # 63 tomorrow.........:bang:

Here they are. The one in the bottom left has some greyish mold outside of it, but it has not collapsed. They are not the prettiest eggs I have seen...

get-attachmentaspx-3.jpg

Also, I had the lid off to take the pic. The plastic wrap is just to hold the moisture because I didn't trust the lid on the tupperware. Usually, there is a lid on top of the plastic wrap. There are air holes on the sides of the container.

Today is day 63. The only difference is that the egg on the bottom left of the picture is dimpling in noticeably now. More so than yesterday, even. The others are still status quo. Any reason why it would dimple in so much at this point?

Today is day 63. The only difference is that the egg on the bottom left of the picture is dimpling in noticeably now. More so than yesterday, even. The others are still status quo. Any reason why it would dimple in so much at this point?

dimples are a good sign that the eggs could be hatching soon.

Have the camera ready, sounds like you may have babies soon....

From your mouth to the big man's ears. I have the one egg that is on the bottom left of the picture and it is so shriveled now I am debating opening it a bit. I feel like the snake inside has been in the ruptured egg for so long that he or she might not be strong enough or have enough fluid left in the egg to let nature take it's course. What say you?

Rich

Leave em be, it has been said if a hatchling can not get through chances are it is weak to begin with. Just be a bit more patient, it will happen. My clutches are still unchanged, and day 64 is only 60 mins. away.... oh well!

This was my first year breeding, and I was the same way. Just wait it out, the eggs still look good, they my just need more time. I had one egg that went a week and a half long then the rest. I know it's hard, but give it time. I wouldn't start worrying until after 80 days.

Thanks for the positive reinforcement guys. I will leave them be. I just hope it happens before I have to leave town next weekend.

Day 64 has left me with a bit of promise. I checked the eggs a few minutes ago and I have one that seems to be slit. Nothing big, but it looks like a fine slice in the shell with fluid oozing from it. Another egg seems to have a spot of fluid on the surface, but no visible slit yet. The moldy egg seems to be totally deflated, though, and I highly doubt anything is alive inside it. Oh well... perhaps I will awaken to find some pippies to post pictures of! Out of the original 13 eggs, I am down to the remaining 5, with the moldy collapsed being a dark-horse candidate for number 6. I am still with you brother... keep the faith.

I forgot to ask you guys... I see many pics of the pippies inside a container all in a group, and only a wet paper towel in there with them. Is it alright to keep the babies this way, or must I separate each of them into it's own container with a wet paper towel for water?

Back